• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh Stress.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

So. My husband and I plan on moving out soon. I have been looking at our finances and it will be slim... I mean really slim. I may apply for wic to help just a little. I mean after all the bills we will have $100 for food, gas, and necessities (diapers, toothpaste, and etc.) UGH!! So. We paid $20 for an application fee for the apartment. We of course were approved. Well, my mom has a friend who works in Dallas. He is currently looking for people. It pays hella lot more than what my husband is getting now. It includes benefits for my husband and is apparently cheap to add the kids and I. Ok, so here is the sad part. My husband doesn't want to apply because he doesn't want to move back to the DFW area. He doesn't want to stay with my mother until we get settled up there. I mean if we moved up there and he got the job and kept it. I am pretty sure we would be getting out on our own pretty quickly. Not to mention we wouldn't be barely making it by. Oh, before you ask why not go out and get a job yourself. MY husband has one of those jobs where if he goes in at 9am he doesn't get off until 9-11pm. If he goes in at 3pm he doesn't get home until 1-3am. So not much wiggle room and no set scheduale. I just wish he would atleast consider the other job.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TexasWife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Oh. If he applied he would get the job. It is a 99.9% chance he would get it.

UrbanSoccerMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:34 PM

I'd question him on his REAL reasons why... sometimes boys are stupid and we should just throw rocks at them. Just sayin...

MeeshMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Well have a chat with him. Put the kids tonight and sit at the table with a notepad and lay out all the details. Start with no emotion toward either decision but lay out the facts. That might help you both make a decision on what's best for the fam.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Sorry meant put the kids to bed*
my phone stinks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sojourner.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:42 PM

...I made my husband take a better paying job. Barely making it is not making it at all. Our groceries came from $360 in food stamps. I had no health insurance (his was free, kids were through the state). It just wasn't fair to any of us. It wasn't fair to him, because he wasn't working at his full potential, and he was in a generally negative place. It wasn't fair to me to have to budget down to pennies to make sure we made it through the month with two little kids. It wasn't fair to the kids, because we were scrimping on everything, and mama and daddy were always stressed.

He doesn't love his job, but it has a lot more options than what he was working. He's making more than twice what he was. Sometimes he still acts like he's bitter about me telling him he had to take this particular job, but overall, our life is SO much better, SO much easier, and SO much less stressful. Plus, I let him buy big boy toys more often now. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)