Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent about friend...*kinda long*

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

Ive known my bff for about ten years now. she moved recently and now lives 3-4 hours away from me. thisd past thursday, i was planning on going to get a tooth pulled at the dental school a few hours away (my insurance doesnt cover dental and the it only costs $100 for the exam and extraction). for that, we would have to rent a car, since we dont have one at the moment(will be getting one after the move to texas) but, df's work schedule didnt work out, so we moved it to this coming up thursday. it also happens to be my friends 21st bday.

so i told her after my appointment i would come see her, since i wont see her for awhile after i move back home. i told her i was going to get her something for her bday, but since im moving it wont be much cause i still have to have money when i get to texas. she begged and begged for me to tell her, so just to shut her up i did. i was planning on getting her a cake and a case of favorite beer. yea, i know it isnt the best present, but at least im getting her something. she then proceeds to whine about how she ALSO wants an expensive build a bea, go out to the movies, and to lunch. i told her i would get her an inexpensive bear, but if i did that i couldnt do the cake, beer, or movies, but MAYBE lunch. she got pissed and yelled "im tired of seeing everyone else get what they want and i never do.'

i tried to explain to her i simply could not afford all of it, but she didnt understand. her words were "you have a job and a fiance, how do you never have money. im starting to wonder if you're lying to me about being broke." um, first of all, just because i have a job and a finace doesnt mean im rolling in the dough. i have bills to pay and groceries to buy. i have to put my priorities first before i can even think about extras. she lives with her parents and doesnt have to pay bills. only thing she pays for is her phone.  so i told her "look, i dont mean to be a bitch here, but if you're not going to be grateful for the fact that i even offered to get you something, then im not going to come see you. sorry."

am i wrong for thinking she is being ungrateful?  if no, should i even still get her something?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heavensmom502
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Greedy she is... and no matter if you have 50 bucks in the bank or 5000 its not hers to tell you what to buy her. I would get her a card and an inexpensive bear and if pissible a little shot bottle but no more than that. You don't want to leave on bad terms because even though she is 21 this may be her way to put up a wall and take her frustration on you leaving. She is rediculas not you at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitneyeliza08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:48 PM

thanks. i dont understand why she would be frustrated im leaving though. we went 4 years without seeing each other, and i barely see her now.

Quoting heavensmom502:

Greedy she is... and no matter if you have 50 bucks in the bank or 5000 its not hers to tell you what to buy her. I would get her a card and an inexpensive bear and if pissible a little shot bottle but no more than that. You don't want to leave on bad terms because even though she is 21 this may be her way to put up a wall and take her frustration on you leaving. She is rediculas not you at all.

SassyMom25
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:49 PM

She is young and ungrateful. I wouldn't get her anything. No matter what you do, she isn't going to be happy about it. Does it really matter at this point what she is upset about? Either the present she didn't want or nothing?

CoffeeK9
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Is your friend a toddler?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyleighsmama07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Build a bear? Is she 5? I wouldn't give her anything for talking to me in that way. What an ungrateful little wench!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitneyeliza08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM

lol. df asked me a bit ago "wait, is she turning 2 or 21?"

Quoting CoffeeK9:

Is your friend a toddler?

CowgirlMama0508
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Haha this is exactly my thoughts!!

Quoting kyleighsmama07:

Build a bear? Is she 5? I wouldn't give her anything for talking to me in that way. What an ungrateful little wench!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitneyeliza08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM

lol. i had to laugh to myself when she asked, demanded rather, for the bear cause just the other day she was talking about "how much she has matured."

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

Haha this is exactly my thoughts!!

Quoting kyleighsmama07:

hempmommy87
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Wow. She sounds like a total brat! And seriously, is she like 2?? lol

karla85
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:14 PM
You kidding right? i wouldnt get her shit for being a bitch and a bad friend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)