Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick, does it hurt the baby?..possible tmi

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

This is my first pregnancy and my first time being this sick while pregnant. I am 35 weeks along. I woke up this morning with a HORRIBLE soar throat and coughing.  I am coughing up green mucus and my throat is killing me.  I am thinking it's a kind of infection....do you think this will harm the baby?  With it being the weekend my Dr's office is closed so I don't know :/  What do you think?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Begsley
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:26 PM
The only thing that would affect your baby would be any medications you take. Google safe things to take while preggo.
eringlading
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:04 PM

could be an upper respiratory  infection. there are safe antibiotics if thats the case. my friend is 36 weeks and had pneumonia twice about two months ago. she had to be on something for that entire time. def talk to your doc but you do have options.

rosesonecoolkat
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Aw no honey babies not hurting don't worry. When I was preg I was worried about the same thing, but my doc assured my she was fine. I hope you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Hugs I hope you feel better!
calimommy1021
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Oh...that does not sound fun. I am 24 weeks pregnant and I hate a cold right now too. But I am not coughing up green mucus...that sounds like infection. I hope you can get into your doctor's office next week! Feel better. 

LongBeachLiz
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:35 PM
That type of illness is bot going to hurt the baby. There are medications you can take until you can get to the drs. You'll need to try and get in Monday if it's not getting better because you don't want to get too weak from not eating enough or drinking enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armymommy196
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Sudafed. I had the worst cold and sedated was safe and great. I felt better after a day. Also the teapot thing works as well. Those are safe for baby. I am 26 weeks and took it at about 18 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

Hugs I hope you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LogansMom831
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Baby's fine :) sounds like an upper respritory infection and you'll need antibiotics. Just rest and chicken noodle until you can get to the doc! Make sure you check if medications are safe during pregnancy before you take them. Feel better!
schicht24
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Thank's everyone!  I ended up having to call the emergency number at the doctor's this morning because I woke up with the chills and a fever of almost 102, which scared me. I've heard that 102 is when it's dangerous for the baby. Once I took some tylenol it came back down to 100 and the Dr. put me on some antibiotics.  Now I'm just hoping that I'll feel better real soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)