• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super Excited!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

My baby girl cut her first tooth today! The whole top part is out! It wasn't there last night, not even a bump! But tonight, while I was giving her a bath, I put some baby orajel on her gums (like every night) and there it was! Showing proud! (and sharp!)

I almost forgot how exciting it is when your baby makes progress in development or something. Last time I went thru a teething baby was 4 years ago!!

Just felt like sharing! I know other mommies out there are just as excited when their kids cut a tooth or learned to crawl the first time!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
H.E.Smama
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:50 PM

congrats mama they grow up way to fast!!

cowboysgirl2810
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:51 PM
That is exciting! Pretty soon, no more icky baby food! =)

But don't forget just HOW sharp those things are! My 2.5 year olds are still razors! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chi_moma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:52 PM

oh my gosh they do!! I still can't believe I have a 4 year old and my 'baby' will be 8 months soon!! Blows my mind!

Quoting H.E.Smama:

congrats mama they grow up way to fast!!

chi_moma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I know I can't wait! I make my own baby food at home so it's not quite as bad as store bought stuff but still pretty messy!

I don't think those razor sharp teeth go away until like late elementary! My oldest DD is 4 and her teeth are still super sharp!! And she's still in that biting phase! lol

Quoting cowboysgirl2810:

That is exciting! Pretty soon, no more icky baby food! =)

But don't forget just HOW sharp those things are! My 2.5 year olds are still razors! Lol

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Congrats!

Please DO NOT use Orajel!!!!!!!!!!!! It can numb the back of her throat causing her to choke and possibly drown on her own spit!

This was told to me by my ped. At least look it up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

chi_moma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:57 PM

oh gosh I never even heard of that!! I prefer not to use things like that anyway but lately her pain was just so bad at night! I will definitely look into it tho, thank you!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Congrats!

Please DO NOT use Orajel!!!!!!!!!!!! It can dumb the back of her throat causing her to choke and possibly drown on her own spit!

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I know night time pain is horrible. I would rather use Motrin than Orajel if you feel she needs something.

Quoting chi_moma:

oh gosh I never even heard of that!! I prefer not to use things like that anyway but lately her pain was just so bad at night! I will definitely look into it tho, thank you!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Congrats!

Please DO NOT use Orajel!!!!!!!!!!!! It can dumb the back of her throat causing her to choke and possibly drown on her own spit!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:11 PM
I was gonna say this too!!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Congrats!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimommy1021
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:57 PM

That's great!!! :) Enjoy these moments because they do grow up SO fast! 

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:12 PM
So exciting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)