Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG im in tears! and speechless, my neighbors are amazing very long and rambling but i have baby asleep on me lol

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I have posted about my lanlord being lousy and how my town is trying to prevent him from bein able to rent any properties. For whatever reason many people who have fallen victim to him are afraid of him, I am not my husband works too damn hard to not be able to enjoy the fruits of his labor, so I kinda spear headed this operation, gave numbers and names and have been helping fight him, joined our neighborhood atch, we had a drug raid down the street a month or two ago, the lady who busted it lives in fear for her life and her husbands and the grand child she is raising. she lives in fear because our newspaper is super dumb and put her full name in the paper, well this house that was raided is owned by my landlord as is the other drug house we are keeping a eye on.

they wwerent suppose to put her name in the paper and one of the guys who lived in that house wasnt home when the raid went down, well he pounded on her door said hes been in prison for murder and exposed imself to her in front of her husband, he was arrested and will be in jail for a long long time so anyway,  this lady is a senior citizen and is fiesty as all get out, she was so thrilled i was willing to help her, and what we are trying tto do is prove that our city code enforcement is getting kick backs from my landlord and so anybody who has been renting a property where there never should have had an occupancy permit issued gets all money they paid back. anyway from us all working closey together an because this neighborhood is turning to crap, e all keep an eye out for one another, the neighbors new of our accident and today as community yard sale day, i didnt participate because i didnt have much to sell and was busy, well 5 of my neighbors pulled all the money they made from there sales and gave it to us!!!!!

I asked them why they would do this, i wa skinda shocked and a tad offended for a second, but because of me going up against the land lord and exposing codes dirty seceret, the landlord is threatning to evict us, we want to move anyway but cant afford to because we pay 650 rent sky high utilities because this house is in the shape its in.

they said we know you put having a roof over your head in jeporady to help us, most of them are much older and lived in there homes all there life so they were like we like you and your husband and feel bad this home  isnt what you thought it was (we were going to do a rent to own, its a beautiful place but its beautiful cover up  there are several very dangerous issues, so they were like we dont want to see you leave, we want to see they fix this place and you stay, but if that not possible we want to help you be ablee to move out and take some of the burden off. we couldnt move before because this place eats most of our money we are lucky to be able to put food on the table e have NO extra, our budget is done to the penny.

they also know my husband is getting surgery on his shoulder and he will be missing work, so they were like we wanted to help because your great people doing us a great service, i was crying so hard tears of joy i almost collapsed, i thanked them all and when they left i opened the envelop between the 5 of them they gave us 976.00!!!!

I am so humbled and speechless! i cant accept this money i feel eird doing so and hubby is too proud but the gesture was so sweet!  our next meeting is on june 15th!  i just had to share

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jnttd
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:01 PM
That's wonderful. Take the help because the neighbors feel really good about doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM
That is great!
It's so nice to hear stories of good people caring about one another and standing up fir what is right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenni386
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM

thats amazing!!!!!

sweettigeress
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

That is great.

juansmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:05 PM

i love my neighbors:) its important to me that my landlord cant rent anymore, when we first saw tis place they did such a nice cover up job, you couldnt see the issues till you started living here, the landlord is very theartning and refuses to fix anything, i dont ant to see anohter young couple feel they can make this into a dream home and then dump more money and then realize its wont be possible,this house needs torn down, its been condemened three times. he is a great con artist

GirlWSlingshot
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:09 PM

That is amazing! And being able to help you has most likely given your neighbors a lot of happiness!

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Quoting jnttd:

That's wonderful. Take the help because the neighbors feel really good about doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)