• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A day from hell!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM
  • 28 Replies

Today we had the funeral for my moms ex that had the brain bleed. We decided since it was out of town we would go up last night and get a hotel room. So we go to the funeral this morning  which was extremely hard just in itself. Afterwards, we were going back to hotel to get our stuff and head home. As I'm turning into the hotel parking lot I have to stop for a car thats coming in the opposite direction-so of course my break lights are on and my signal is on. Well next thing I know there was a hard jolt and my DD starts screaming. I think I may have passed out for just a second and when I realize whats happened I hit the brake and put it in a park. I took off running around the car to make sure Kaelee is ok, and thank god! she was. Turns out, a 15 year old girl rear ended us going 50-55 MPH. She hit us so hard that since I already had my wheel turned knocked us across the street and into the parking lot up a little hill. All in all we're ok. My mom went to the hospital and she has a broken shoulder, severe whiplash, and may have tore some ligaments in her neck. She's being referred to a neurologist. I'm in a lot of pain with my neck and arm but haven't been able to go to the ER yet. I also have a horrible headache. I bent the steering wheel and center console. Kaelee seems fine. She only cried for just a second and I had the paramedics check her out but I'm still going to have her doctor take a look at her. We were extremely lucky. I had just bought Kaelee a new car seat 2 weeks ago. A good seat-myride 65. It will be the seat I buy again. I just can't believe how today turned out.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChivosPet
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Glad you all are ok.
Loveing_My_Life
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Oh wow! Glad to hear yall are ok!

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM
((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyiverson22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Wow. I am glad you are all doing ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kshepherd
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Sweetie, u need to get ur self to an er asap! I am glad that u guys are okay but please get checked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Glad everyone is alright, but what I learned from my accident, it is really hard to collect from the other persons insurance (from injuries) if you don't go to the er right away. In the ambulance, Definitely get to the er/dr within the next day. My neck is skill messed up from my accident. Oh yah the insurance should cover for a new car seat since it is the law and little miss has to be in one. Again I am glad every one is ok.
kyuteangl88
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Glad you are all ok

kaeleesmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I am. I couldn't go then. all our stuff was in the room and we were supposed to be out at 2.

Quoting kshepherd:

Sweetie, u need to get ur self to an er asap! I am glad that u guys are okay but please get checked out.

kaeleesmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM

I'm def. going in the morning. If I had a way I would go tonight. they should cover her car seat, I hope so anyway. Thank you.

Quoting twokids0407:

Glad everyone is alright, but what I learned from my accident, it is really hard to collect from the other persons insurance (from injuries) if you don't go to the er right away. In the ambulance, Definitely get to the er/dr within the next day. My neck is skill messed up from my accident. Oh yah the insurance should cover for a new car seat since it is the law and little miss has to be in one. Again I am glad every one is ok.

calimommy1021
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you are all okay! Wow...I hope that 15 year old learned her lesson to watch where she's going while she's driving. Feel better mama! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)