Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad news about an old high school friend. **update**

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:03 AM
  • 18 Replies
I just now received a call with very sad news.

A friend from high school was in a coma for 5 days due to a crack overdose. The last time I saw her was this February(on our trip back home) and she was in rehab, getting her life straight so we thought. All this time I thought she was coming clean.

She's had a very rough life, so sad that she felt she had to turn to drugs. I really did believe she was going to change ger life around, especially for her dd who is the same age as mine (9) . I feel for her, they were very close:*(

Please pray for her & her little girl.

*UPDATE*
Her sister called me. My friend passed on earlier this evening. I really want to go up there to say goodbye and pay my respects to her family but, Im 2 weeks from my due date. I still can't believe it. I can't imagine what her daughter is feeling right now. She'll be in my prayers.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heavenly1462
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:05 AM
I'm very sorry. Did your friend pass away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrickettyBoo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:06 AM
No but the doctors said she really doesn't have a chance. It will take a miracle. I can't imagine how much of that crap she took in.

Quoting heavenly1462:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:07 AM
I will pray for you, her child and those who loved her. In january I lost my bestfriend to a heroin over dose and left behind her son. Her life like your friends was rough and it is heart crushing to know they didn't have the strength to keep clean. If only they relized they are loved and have helping hands to guide them. I wish her child the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrickettyBoo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:08 AM
Thank you.

Quoting lilmama8408:

I will pray for you, her child and those who loved her. In january I lost my bestfriend to a heroin over dose and left behind her son. Her life like your friends was rough and it is heart crushing to know they didn't have the strength to keep clean. If only they relized they are loved and have helping hands to guide them. I wish her child the best.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinehippie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:08 AM

:(

prayers!

samuelsmom936
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Quoting sunshinehippie:

prayers!

CrickettyBoo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:16 AM
*pray for her and her little girl*
Was typing in a rush, didn't realize I left her out:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kloesmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 AM
Crack Is no joke . Last year I found out that my very first boyfriend (6th grade) was murdered over a crack debt. Apparently he was such an addict that he ran up all kind of debt to the dealers so they lit him on fire and threw him in the trunk of a car.

Quoting CrickettyBoo:

No but the doctors said she really doesn't have a chance. It will take a miracle. I can't imagine how much of that crap she took in.

Quoting heavenly1462:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrickettyBoo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:27 AM
Omg, that's horrible!

Quoting kloesmommy:

Crack Is no joke . Last year I found out that my very first boyfriend (6th grade) was murdered over a crack debt. Apparently he was such an addict that he ran up all kind of debt to the dealers so they lit him on fire and threw him in the trunk of a car.

Quoting CrickettyBoo:

Quoting heavenly1462:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avaandemmasmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:28 AM
Quoting sunshinehippie:

prayers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)