Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty and the Beast

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:40 AM
  • 15 Replies

Bare with me here. My daughter and I watching Beauty and the Beast and I'm having trouble understanding. A witch came to the castle, saw that the prince was selfish, put a spell on him which turned him to a beast and he had to find true love in while he was in the form of the beast by his 21st birthday or he would stay a beast forever. In one of the songs lumiere said they had been under a spell for 10 years. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that make the beast only 11 when he was put under the spell? Doesn't really make sense. 

Sorry, I know this doesn't matter, my brain was just running around in circles trying to figure this out. 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ellenc170
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:42 AM

i never noticed that lol

HStarin
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:42 AM

I dont think it was by his 21st birthday....it was just by the time the flower ran out of "magic" which happend to be 10 years

krs_tristan
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM
That's what I thought...before the last petal fell of the rose.

Quoting HStarin:

I dont think it was by his 21st birthday....it was just by the time the flower ran out of "magic" which happend to be 10 years

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherSumowski
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:44 AM

I thought it was just 10 years but I dunno

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:45 AM

When the narrator was telling about the rose she said by his 21st birthday which is what confused me. Sorry, I know this doesn't matter, it was just bugging me lol. 

Quoting HStarin:

freshmom88
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:47 AM
Maybe he was an evil little prince
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briannas_mommy1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:48 AM
It says by the time the last pedal falls on his 21st birthday. I ask myself the same thing everytime we watch it. It doesnt make since at all... But it is still my favorite Disney movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briannas_mommy1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:49 AM
btw.. I knew where this was going when I saw the title of the post...lol

Quoting Briannas_mommy1:

It says by the time the last pedal falls on his 21st birthday. I ask myself the same thing everytime we watch it. It doesnt make since at all... But it is still my favorite Disney movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spcjones203
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Actually, it could be his 21st year as a beast.

StarryRain
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:55 AM

1. The narrator is a guy....

2. It DOES say that it would bloom til his 21st year (that COULD mean that he had 21 years to find love?) (maybe they were all put on suspended aging, because Chip is Mrs Potts' son...and HE is younger than 10 IMO)

3. yes, Lumiere did say for ten years they'd been rusting....but maybe that was just some lyrical issues? LOL...

In the play, the lyrics and narration changed, and the original story is not like that either. SO, maybe Disney just took some liberties with fantasy. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)