Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NO MORE SALT!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:46 AM
  • 12 Replies

So... How do I keep the salt out of my diet!? I never add extra salt into my food but what can I eat during the day that doesnt contain so much salt.. apparently I gained 3 lbs in a matter of a week ( water Weight) and now my doctor is saying stop the SALT!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krs_tristan
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Watch the sodium levels in food. It will be a bug change but you can do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ellenc170
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:53 AM

food labels have sodium levels on them...i know its hard i tried it before. did you ask him what you should eat? Some foods say low sodium on the front too.

kiwismallz680
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM

No I was so excited about being 2 centimeters I totally forgot! LOL

LongBeachLiz
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Processed and refined foods have more salt. Fresh fruits and veggies, fresh meats...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Also try drinking more water to flush the sodium out of your body.

ellokatie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM

i craved salt with my son. i didn't cut the salt. after he was born, like right after, i immediately lost all the water weight. i also took 1 potassium a day to help with the swelling. unless you have high blood pressure or something, i wouldn't worry about it

kiwismallz680
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM

No my Blood pressure has been perfect for a pregnanat woman LOL!

kiwismallz680
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM

my feet just finally look like ball park hot dogs LOL

sweettigeress
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Yep, just keep track of how much sodium is in the food you eat. Get things that says less sodium or no sodium. 

AJ072506
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Read the food labels. Anything with more than 2-300mg of sodium per serving is probably more than your doc wants you to have. The best thing you can eat is fresh fruits and veggies, and fresh meat. You can season with spices and herbs that don't have added salt. The brand Dash has a whole line of salt free seasonings. The common worse offenders are frozen preprepared foods, canned foods (including veggies, soups etc) and pasta sauces. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water too. Dehydration can also lead to fluid retention. Elevate your legs as much as possible, above the level of your heart is best, so lay in bed with your feet propped up on pillow. That will help reduce the swelling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)