Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God my parents are so uptight!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM
  • 1 Replies

they are always so darn rigid and don't know how to have fun or let loose. i mean they arent old they are 49 and 47. it's weird going over their house bc i am not like them at all. it's always weird and awkward talking to them it drives me crazy! i feel like im walking on egg shells when i bring the kids over. its just me and the kids so wehn they get loud i do my best to keep em quiet. you can just tell it pisses my rents off. they hardly ever call me to see how im doing when i live 5 mins away. dont get me wrong they love us its just sort of in a distant sort of way. i dont expect them to take the kids alot bc they are a handful. ive been contemplating whether or not i should have them meet my bf. he gets along great with my kids and hes more than just a bf i feel like he may be the one. he's super relaxed and cool as a cucumber but im worried how it will be around my rents. they are hard to talk to and it bugs me so much. i dont want anyone to be uncomfortable. whenever i mention him to my parents they dont say anything back to me. they dont say, "oh honey we're happy for you" nothing like that. and my parents never seem to care how we're all doing and whats going on lately. their lives completely revolve around my 13 yr old brother. he's a good kid but he is so spoiled it's a little sickening. my kids always ask when they can see their grandparents and my dad always says come over for a swim but when i ask if theyre home they never are. anyone else have this sorta problem with their parents? it really bothers me.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
squishylove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM
You basically just described my parents. It's so frustrating, but I've learned to just be myself and get on with my life. If I want to be ecstatic and happy then I will be and I don't care if it makes my parents uncomfortable.
I would introduce your bf to them but don't expect much from them. I've learned not to set myself up for disappoint. I'm never going to get the reaction I want or think I should get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)