Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I asking too much from sis or is she being selfish?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM
  • 19 Replies
My mom's birthday is tomorrow. She's always big on making sure we have a good birthday. She usually makes us dinner and does cake and sometimes does something fun with us. So I ask sis if she would go out to mom's tonight because mom works all day tomorrow so we could do dinner and cake with her. I offered to buy the pizza and cake and she just had to show up. She says she will not be out tonight because she doesn't want to spend the gas to make the 15 mile trip to mom' s house. Mind you she was able to go shopping 30 miles away yesterday. I know it's not really my say what she does with her gas and money but I just thought that mom deserved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyinindiana
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM
that is not asking to much from her it sounds like shes just being selfish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robertmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM

i agree  to  me it sounds like she is being beyond selfish.

littlest.angel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:53 PM
She sounds very selfish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Not too much to ask. Does she do this stuff often though? If its not about her she's not interested? Or maybe she's upset at one of you over something completely different? I hope she 'mans' up and thinks about your mom for a second.

MsVanqueOsg
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Well we don't know what she is shopping for, maybe she is low on money, give her a break!

MeeshMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:13 PM
That's like my sister. She expects me to pick up all the tabs. But she shows up last minute to everything. Somehow she's broke yet can afford new clothes and goodies for herself. Go figure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM

i agree- what did she go shopping for? when's the next time she gets paid? even though i have a full tank of gas, i refuse to go ANYWHERE this weekend b/c that full tank has to last me til next friday- and that includes a hour drive, mon-fri.

ellenc170
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM

this

Quoting littlest.angel:

She sounds very selfish

Lindsey624
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM

she sounds super selfish to me.

stellarmom1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM
It's selfish but I would also offer her a ride or gas money to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)