Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to NOT forget ur baby in the hot car

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:32 PM
  • 101 Replies
We all say we will NEVER forget our baby in a hot car, or anywhere else. Than for the moms who may forget lets pass on some tips on how WE DONT forget our kids.
I always glance in the rearview mirror and check on him periodically, while driving, ur supposed to look out ur mirrors often anyways. I also play kids music when hes in the car.
more suggestions ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenoxclan
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:45 PM

My kids are to loud to forget and I NEVER go anywhere without at least one child..LOL BUT, say I go grocery shopping during the school yr with just my 3yr old(common occurrence last yr)and he falls a sleep on the way home(rare but it happens)IF I decide to get groceries out before him I ALWAYS open all the car doors as a precaution, that way after I bring groceries in and go out to shut the trunk and all the doors, I don't miss him:)

ellenc170
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I don't have tips i just have her ALL the time. So if i get to run to the store for 2 seconds i still think i have her. Im not use to not having everything revolve around her. Im not trying to put anyone down so i don't want to say too much. But I ALWAYS have her so I have no idea how anyone can forget. 

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Thanks for the tips!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadlecr4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I dont understand how you can forget a child in the car....plain and simple

Ben-and-Em
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Put your purse in the back seat with te kiddos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HippieMomma08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM

DD is a talker. She stopped sleeping in the car as soon as she learned how to form a sentence. Actually, as soon as I turn the engine off she usually says, "Moooom. You have to get me out of here."

When she was a baby, I checked my mirror constantly to make sure she was ok. I was a SAHM for the first two year of her life, so there wasn't really ever a time that I didn't have her with me. So I would never assume that I didn't have to get her. Actually now, I still go to get her out even when she's not with me.

ellenc170
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM

good tip

Quoting Ben-and-Em:

Put your purse in the back seat with te kiddos.

minimom11107
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM

What a condescending way to word this post. And it's such a good idea too.

lenoxclan
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I am sure that at least one parent who has lost a child in this manner, thought the same as you....

Quoting cadlecr4:

I dont understand how you can forget a child in the car....plain and simple

Lusty Lenox

save the date

Smiles686
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I can't picture ever forgetting my baby is in the car with me... my mind is always on him, but I guess everyone makes mistakes... put a sticky note on your steering wheel: "Don't Forget Kid!" HAHA!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)