Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex Education.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey ladies.  

I just watched a really interesting documentary about sex education in the US.  It really opened my eyes and made me realize how lucky I was that my school taught sex ed and not just abstinence.  If you are interested it is on Netflix and called "Lets Talk About Sex"  

It talks about the difference between sexuality in the US and Europe.  I know I'm going to talk to my DD about sex without fear or discomfort...How about you?

Give it a shot.  :)  

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BrookPayton
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM

My mom was very open with me when I had any questions, so because of this I knew how to protect my self when the time came. I hope I can be the same way with mine. Now my DH's mom not so much and he ended up with 2 kids by the time he was 18. He loves both his kids but of course wishes he had known more and been safe. I think Teaching sex ed AND abstinence is important.

But just because you teach someone doesn't mean they will listen, I've known lot of people who knew what to do but didn't do it.

TempestRayne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:50 PM
I plan to be pretty brazen about the sex talk. There will be pictures of what std's look like, information on how hard it is to raise a baby, statistics, everything. I will do everything within my power to keep my children from making the same mistakes I did.
lolasoul
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:56 PM
I don't remember EVER getting the sex talk from my parents. I do remember the sex ed I got in jr high, but there was no re-enforcement at home.

I plane to teach my DD about sex when she is ready, and I am going to be as open as she needs me to be. I don't want her to be a teen mother, like I was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofamanda8
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Maybe, when their older like maybe 11 or 12. I had a little incident once, where I told one of my daughters that babies came from outerspace (smooth move me) but I guess now I sort of started to think to think that theres nothing wrong about teaching your kids sex ed even at a young age.Its a natural part of life,kids deserve to know at least a bit of it.
JealousGrrl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM

lol  Outerspace?!  Thays funny.  The only sex talk I really got was when I asked my Mom if babies came out of your butt and she said no they come out of your vagina...lol.  Thanks to those "how to talk to your kids about sex"booklets.  I read the one my Mom had...

Quoting mommyofamanda8:

Maybe, when their older like maybe 11 or 12. I had a little incident once, where I told one of my daughters that babies came from outerspace (smooth move me) but I guess now I sort of started to think to think that theres nothing wrong about teaching your kids sex ed even at a young age.Its a natural part of life,kids deserve to know at least a bit of it.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)