Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

forget babies in the car... have you ever--- ?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

dropped them off somewhere and NOT remembered?!

one time, i was in class- and i thought that i didnt drop DS off at his sitter's. i ran back to the car (by this point, it was already 3 hrs into a 5 hr class) and realized he was NOT in the backseat.

didnt help that the night before, i dreamt i forgot him in the car, doing the exact same thing (being in class-- but in my "dream class" we were fighting big spiders. lol)

thats partially why i feel i COULD leave DS in the car. thankfully- even at that time, he was old enough to unlock the door and get out, if i ever forgot him in the car... which i didnt.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
minimom11107
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I've been driving to work (after the point I should have dropped my kids off at daycare) and suddenly freaked that I forgot to drop them off only to turn around and see that I already did. lol I've done it a bunch of times actually.

minimom11107
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:24 PM

When I say turn around I mean turn my head.. not the car. That would be REALLY dumb.

Quoting minimom11107:

I've been driving to work (after the point I should have dropped my kids off at daycare) and suddenly freaked that I forgot to drop them off only to turn around and see that I already did. lol I've done it a bunch of times actually.

*~*♥Jessica♥*~*Loving Mommy to*~*♥Anthony&Angelo♥*~*                                        

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM

No, but I have been known to freak out and think that I forgot to pick my son up from school only to realize it was the weekend or that he was already home and napping in his room.

lenoxclan
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM

forgot my dd at pre-k once.. Took turns picking her and friend up with friends mom.. It was said moms week to do it and she asked me the weekend before if I could cover one of her days.. I forgot.. LOL 30mins after pre-k let out, I remembered...

HippieMomma08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Sometimes when DD is at grandma's house I'll wake up in the night as see that the baby monitor is off, so I run into her room to make sure she's ok. Just to get laughed at by DH when I realize she's not at home.

blakesmommy531
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM
No, I never have, but I do look back at his seat to make sure he's in the car with me sometimes. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulSurprise
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Especially when DD is being extremely quiet =D

Quoting blakesmommy531:

No, I never have, but I do look back at his seat to make sure he's in the car with me sometimes. lol

Ben-and-Em
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM
I accidentally locked DS in the car once. Put him in his seat, shut the door, went around to the drivers side- locked. PANIC. it was like 100 degrees out and he's just staring at me like what the heck. I called a lock smith crying. He couldn't be there for like 30 minutes. Eff that. I was 2 seconds from breaking the window (had a rock in my hand and everything) and I realized we had an extra key underneath the car. Wow thanks panic for completely killing ny logical brain lol. Ever since then I open my door and then get the kiddos in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashwa
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:36 PM
I had a dream last night also! Only mine was that I left my oldest in the stroller outside after a walk and only brought my newborn in. when I woke up I just held on to my oldest and wouldn't let her go. Also, when my MIL takes her for a few hours for Grandma time, I look around and wonder where she wondered off to, only to find that she's with grandma! My hubby thinks it's hilarious! I don't, I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)