Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well I should have kept my mouth shut

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

But I didn't,my brother is getting married to his high school girlfriend. They're planning on getting married on the beach and we're really close to this girl so we're looking at dresses and she tries on this huge ballgown and asked for my opinion so I gave it to her. I told her I thought a ballgown sounded like it would be really uncomfortable for a beach in the Bahamas. Apparently she has her heart set on one of those gowns with the colored train not my taste at all and totally inappropriate for the wedding she wants. She didn't appriciate my comment. It looks like I won't be invited on the next shopping trip.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rosemagic01
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:47 PM

She's going to regret a train in the end!

JoyfulSurprise
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Eh, whatever. She asked for your opinion and you gave it. It is her choice whether or not to take your advice.

However it is HER day - if she wants a sandy train, let her have a sandy train. 

tristansgirl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM

haha if people can't handle positive criticism then oh well. What you told her was the truth but it will be ok :)

hannahsmom238
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM

She's really athletic and thin she'd look great in a slip dress or something fitted.

barefootncrazy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I agree that is not the dress for a beach wedding. She asked for your opinion and you gave it. You didn't say anything mean so if she can't handle it then it's her problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)