Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone here a hairstylist?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:53 PM
  • 19 Replies

So I am going on vacation with one of my girl friends next weekend.  I've been letting my hair grow out lately and it's right around my shoulders.  I hate it.  I've been wearing it up out of my face because of the heat.  So I was thinking about getting it cut short again.  I normally do something simple, like one length or simple layers.  But now I've been thinking about doing something different.  Maybe more exciting.  My MIL is a hairstylist, but she's not good at helping me decide on a cut/style because she's too old-fashioned for my tastes.  lol.  She likes to insist I do my hair a certain way and it's like, "Ugh!  No!"  lol.

So anyway, I need some ideas, suggestions, pictures, etc.  I have been told I have a square-ish face, so anything that will frame my face nicely and not make it look too harsh is good for me.  I'll post a couple of pics below so you guys can determine if that is right(about the square-ish face thing). 

I'm open to almost any type of short haircut, as long as it looks good for my face shape.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazztastic
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:10 PM

BUMP!

ellenc170
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:11 PM

bump

.jade.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Why don't you do like a bob with it stacked up in the back?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XxXSxyMamaXxX
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:16 PM

BUMP!

jazztastic
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:17 PM

You mean with longer layers in the front and shorter in the back?  I think I've done that before, only not super short or stacked.

Quoting .jade.:

yostastic
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:19 PM

not a stylist, but love hair :)  how about a victoria beckham type bob??  it'll frame your face well

yostastic
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM

ditto... i think it would look nice

Quoting .jade.:

lucki_flip05
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM
What about doing it like kristen off the hills? I think that's her name. She has a really cute short-layered choppy haircut that seems very easy to maintain etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.jade.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:21 PM
Yes. That's how I've had my hair for years and I love it! Its soooo easy to fix. Like around your face the longest part would be at your chin, then it would just go shorter toward the back, and stacked! I think it would look good on you.

Quoting jazztastic:

You mean with longer layers in the front and shorter in the back?  I think I've done that before, only not super short or stacked.

Quoting .jade.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.jade.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM
Yeah! Exactly like this!

Quoting yostastic:

not a stylist, but love hair :)  how about a victoria beckham type bob??  it'll frame your face well

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)