Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

Tomorrow my SO wants to go to a bbq of a high school friend, apparently it will be all of their 'group' that used to hang out.  I'm due in 4 days, it's hot as hell especially where the bbq is being held, so I'm already a bit crabby.  I already know that this is going to be super awkward with his old 'friends' around, people reminiscing about old times and their 'relationships', and every single person will feel the need to come up to him and ask about his kids' mom, and once he starts drinking I have a feeling he'll be wandering around leaving me to fend for myself...any ideas how to get through the day?  

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
poietes
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Personally I would just let him go and have some "me" time before your little one comes.

GirlWithANikon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Yeah, enjoy it. Who cares if they talk about the past? Its the past, all of it. Join in on convo when he is gone and even when he is not. You can be friends with your husbands friends, and maybe they will have wives and gfs to mingle with. Enjoy the food, everyone loves bbq.

GirlWithANikon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:21 PM

or this. im thinking it wont be as fun though

Quoting poietes:

Personally I would just let him go and have some "me" time before your little one comes.

.jade.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Quoting poietes:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyuteangl88
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I have me time all day everyday when he's at work, I'm sick of being in the house, lol.  I would let him go, but he'll be drinking and I don't want him to drive.

Quoting poietes:

poietes
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I get that. I'm awkward in situations where I don't know people so I don't know that I would have fun. Hopefully there is somewhere you can get into some air conditioning. Good luck mama. Hope you can have some fun.

Quoting kyuteangl88:

I have me time all day everyday when he's at work, I'm sick of being in the house, lol.  I would let him go, but he'll be drinking and I don't want him to drive.

Quoting poietes:

jenaree
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM

he shouldnt be drinking if youre due in 4 days, sorry but that is my opinion. he should stay ready to take care of you if you go into labor. if it were my hubby i would ask hiim to stay home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)