Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those who's hubby work the night shift or arent around during dinner time??

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:42 PM
  • 30 Replies

Do you ever find it hard to cook dinner for just you and ds/dd when your husband dosent get home til the morning or whatever??

My hubby works the night shift and i find it very hard to cook for me and just my son since he only 2 and usually dosent eat it all.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM

No. When he isn't home for dinner, I make crock pot meals so he comes home to our cooked meal that we ate earlier. I just warm it back up in the crock pot. :)

xxxAthena
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:44 PM

i just cook normally and put the left overs in the fridge

JordansMama2003
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:44 PM

My husband works long hours, especially in the summer. Even when he gets home he does not like eating because he's been working in the sun all day. It does suck. Usually, if I want to make a big meal then I will but save the left overs. Or I fix easy stuff...

MissLoveLyfe
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:45 PM

yes!! SO works til 1am gets home around 130 and he eats dinner at work.. so yes.. I have a four year old.. she doesn't eat much either and I hate wasting food.. I have SS here he is 10 and both kids are picky eaters..I'm probably just going to order out..

ZoeCY
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Well we are currently living with my parents and my husband just started working nights so for me it is cooking for 5 people instead of 6 haha.  We always make enough for leftovers anyway and we haven't cut down how much we make because my husband just takes some to work the next day.  

MissLoveLyfe
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:46 PM

our leftovers end up wasting..

LilRed2130
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM

This my DH usually eats when he gets home and if not he'll eat it when he wakes up

Quoting xxxAthena:

i just cook normally and put the left overs in the fridge

XxXSxyMamaXxX
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM

my husband worked night shifts for about a year it sucked ugh i was pregnant with my daughter our first then and i just stayed up all night and waited for him he loved that then we ate together then and slept during the day together 

LaMamiDeJase
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:48 PM
No I don't find it hard. Dh is a cook so sometimes when he comes home he doesn't want to eat, so I just cook for me and the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnie_poo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Like the above said I just cook normally,I put his plate in the microwave and have it warmed up for him before he walks in the door!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)