Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you miss dinner, is it better to skip it altogether or eat right before bed?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

Sorry if this is a stupid question... sometimes I miss dinner because I work late so I end up eating dinner right before I go to bed and I know it's not good for weight loss to eat right before bed. Do you think it's better (as far as weight loss goes) to eat right before you sleep or is it better to just not eat anything and wait until the morning?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JleeG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:18 PM
It's better to eat. You're not really going to gain weight, otherwise I would weigh a ton because most of the time I've had to eat before I go to bed. And I don't skip it because I exercise in the morning.
lanceandhailey
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:22 PM

If you are not too hungry it's good to eat a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese close to bedtime. When you eat 6 times a day, that last one usually hits late. That's what we were told to eat for the 6th.

hybridkar82
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:31 PM

When I worked 10a-9pm my lunch was at 2 or 3 and I'd have a break at like 645. I'd come home STARVING. A co-worker suggested I eat a good breakfast and eat my "dinner" at lunch and have a protein shake or smoothie to replace my 3rd meal when I got home. It worked out for me so try that out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)