Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fake eye lashes question

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

Question ladies.... Do you use fake eye lashes? I need some advice. I have very short eye lashes because I lost all of my hair when I had cancer. But im in remission now and have been for 7 years.. BUT my eye lashes still havent grow back to the way they were before I lost all of my body hair. Do you think i should try them?

Do you use them?  where do you get them from? Are they easy to apply?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JleeG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Use duo glue that dries clear. Any lashes from drugstores or anywhere work. It takes some practice to figure out how to put them On but its not too bad so definitely get some cheaP ones to practice with.
Wanabmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Quoting JleeG:

Use duo glue that dries clear. Any lashes from drugstores or anywhere work. It takes some practice to figure out how to put them On but its not too bad so definitely get some cheaP ones to practice with.

Thank you very much for the tip! i will definately go cheapo till i can get the hang of them

TxMommi2Be
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:34 PM

You can also go on e bay and get some stuff. that is where i get my eye lashes from they are cheaper there

use a q tip to put the glue on the lashes. or  the tip of a tooth pick

TempestRayne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:36 PM
I don't have any suggestions, but I hope you find something that works.
Kylie819
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:39 PM

They're comfortable as far as I know....I have never worn them but my daughter wears them for dance competitions and she is pretty finicky about stuff like that!  Get the glue that is white (so you can see where you are applying) but dries clear.  We use q-tips to apply the glue to the lashes and to press down any loose ends that don't want to stick.

momma4AJ
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM
there is also something i've seen on tv that you can use to help your OWN eyelashes grow... i just cant remember what it was... sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:43 PM
I would learn how to use the ones that come as single lashes because I have the ones that are the whole thing and I feel like I look like a drag queen in them lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLoveLyfe
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I don't get them but a very good friend goes to the nail salon and gets them done.. they do a really good job and I think it runs her about 25 dollars every 2 weeks..

JleeG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Yes, maybe see if a salon does eyelash extensions if you don't mind spending the money on it. Much easier and you don't have to deal with taking them off or putting them on every day
caius_mommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM

latisse grows your own. ask ur dr about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)