Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anniversary Party?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

Have any of you done one? Me and DH will be married for 10 years Next June and was gonna to have a 10 year anniversary party. we are talking about just a small renewal of vows part then party the rest.

well I have no idea how to even start to plan I mean do i take it on like a "wedding" or just a "party" I want it to be nice and classy but not the whole "wedding" thing!

I am confused HELP

toddler boytoddler girltwin girls

Dakota(7), Savanna (4), Madion & Makenzie (11mo)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
3_cookies
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Its whatever you want! I went to one that was a second wedding recption and all. Then another that was more of an open house party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrissyMarie2003
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Get a nice dress (whatever color you want), and tell everyone it's a formal or semi-formal event. Decorate and plan it out however you two like and can afford. :)

CrissyMarie2003
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Oh! And since it's in June, maybe an outdoor vow renewal and party would be nice? :)

becky-b
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Thanks ladies.... we wanted to have it at the same place we got married but their prices went up its a minim $3,000 package deals :0( I was thinking of having it at our house since we have a big backyard

becky-b
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM

We acually got married outside so i know we wanna kinnd akeep somethings the same.... I still have our cake topper and some other items to reuse!

Quoting CrissyMarie2003:

Oh! And since it's in June, maybe an outdoor vow renewal and party would be nice? :)

mommyjenn84
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:04 PM
We didn't have the fancy, elegant wedding I wanted so were having a anniversary party in a few years. Its basically going to be the reception portion of the wedding I wanted as a party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrissyMarie2003
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:06 PM

That's awesome! If you know anyone who's handy, maybe you could check with them and see about helping make a canopy? Sheer cloth and posts? Or borrowing a tent/archway from a friend who's been married recently? And since you don't want it to be too much like a wedding, maybe you could get a fun, one-layer cake, cheesecake, pie, or even cupcake cake! Possibilities are endless, really.

Quoting becky-b:

We acually got married outside so i know we wanna kinnd akeep somethings the same.... I still have our cake topper and some other items to reuse!

Quoting CrissyMarie2003:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)