Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naughty spot for 2 year old

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you think the naughty spot works for a child who would be just turning 2. If not what are your steps and what do you use to control your child tantrums/wrong doings.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shanda0914
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

BUMP!

LancesMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I think it works if you do it immediately and every time they do something wrong. So they learn that they get punished. But if you only do it once in awhile its not going to work.

kymme11
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:11 PM

yea as long as ur consistant with it and i wouldnt keep them in there longer then a couple min like 2 or 3 it should be fine

snb8604
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Yup. Just stay consistant so they understand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seoulmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM

personally I think 2 is too young for them (at least my daughter) to understand that they are supposed to stay there in that spot, my daughter is almost 2 & still in a crib, so I put her in her bed for 2 min when she is throwing a fit, she always calms down before the 2min are up & when it is time i go get her, tell her what she did wrong (even tho she might not understand yet completely) & she gives me a kiss & she's done

CountryMom357
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:26 PM
2 is the perfect time to start doing time outs. You do a minute per age. Make sure you stay consistant with it or else it won't work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM

When my child is throwing tantrums I put him in his room until he calms down. I use the naughty step.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)