Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

summer bedtimes?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

Is bedtime in the summer the same as school days? Or do you let your kids stay up later? What time do they go to bed?? My four year old daughter goes to bed at 9:30 in the summer 8 during the school year.. SS is 10 has to be in the bed by midnight during the summer and 8 during school time.. How about in your house?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JMKristy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM
During the school year the boys need to be in bed by 8:30 or 9. Summer vacation by midnight. They are 8 & 10 1/2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joppamomofsix
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:05 PM

during the school year all my kids have to be in bed by 8, but they can read until 9 (or 10 for my 12 year old) on weekends, they can stay up til 11.  in the summer, I try to start calming them down around 9 to be in bed by 10, and 11 on the weekends.

CountryMom357
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM
During the summer my son is in bed by midnight. During the school year by 9. If I let him fall asleep sooner then 9 he won't sleep through the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Same really.. They go to bed about 930 during summer mths(because it doesnt really get dark before then)and 830ish winter.

seoulmom
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:23 AM

my oldest dd 7 goes to bed pretty much whenever, usually about 10 in the summer, & at 8 during the school year, the 2yr old goes to bed about 8 all the time

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:42 AM
My kids are 3 and 4 so we keep the same bed time. 7:30pm. They wake up the same time every morning so if they dont go to bed at a decent hour they are grumpy! We usually let them stay up late on saturdays to have a movie night though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katielk07
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:20 AM
My 4 year old is in preschool so he goes to bed at 8 during the school year. During the summer bed time is 10 so that we can sleep in ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)