Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I must be doing something right.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM
  • 2 Replies

Today was a good day. My daughter is 18 months. So of course she didn't understand. It however goes in with the rest of the story. So. One rule is inside voices. Well, Ian my 3 year old and Emma were both screeching. I told them both to stop and use inside voices if they didn't they would be put in time out. Well, my son stopped and my daughter continued. So Ian told me that Emma needed a time out for not minding. So I told Emma sit on the staircase. She went and sat down and patted next to her and pointed to her brother and said her little babble. Ian promptly told her. "No Emma. I am not in trouble. You are in trouble because you didn't listen to Mommy and Daddy. You need to listen to them. Listening to Mommy and Daddy make them very happy. Now, Emma you need to sit back down on the staircase." She had gotten up before he finished talking. It was so cute and funny to hear him say that. Later on tonight. I was making him a pb and j. He had been good all day so I asked him what he wanted for dinner. Well, I asked him if he wanted something and he said "Yes ma'am." I think I asked him if he needed a napkin. Well I gave it to him and he said thank you. I asked him if he liked his dinner and he said. "Yes ma'am it is really good. " It made me feel so proud. I think it is great. Maybe he was listening when I was saying that. 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sparta.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Awww!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparta.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:56 PM
On a side not I need to try that inside voice thing....but then sometimes I scream with them lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)