Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is sad :( Guy dies at ball park

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

A guy caught a foul ball in the stands at the Ranger's game and fell 20 feet over the railing. His little boy was with him and the guy was alive and fine wanting to know how his son was. He died from Cardiac Arrest on the way to the hospital :(.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
t1gger143
by Katie on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:23 PM
I saw it on the news last night. How awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Poor guy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katie1317
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:25 PM

It's horrible... my heart goes out to that man, his son, and his entire family. I am a die hard Ranger fan and I also fell so bad for Josh Hamilton who unknowinglty at the time played a part in that mans death. You know it must be weighing on him. The Rangers were very respectful tonight giving the man (who was a fire fighter) a moment of silence at the beginning of the game and all of the players are wearing ribbons on their uniforms. 

mom2twins9909
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Josh looked really torn over it when Fox interviewed him.

Quoting katie1317:

It's horrible... my heart goes out to that man, his son, and his entire family. I am a die hard Ranger fan and I also fell so bad for Josh Hamilton who unknowinglty at the time played a part in that mans death. You know it must be weighing on him. The Rangers were very respectful tonight giving the man (who was a fire fighter) a moment of silence at the beginning of the game and all of the players are wearing ribbons on their uniforms. 

t1gger143
by Katie on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:32 PM
I saw that too. He was just trying to be nice.

Quoting mom2twins9909:

Josh looked really torn over it when Fox interviewed him.

Quoting katie1317:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
COWGIRLinPEARLs
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Shannon Stone is a very, very good family friend of ours. He came to work at the fire dept under my stepdad. Shannon will always be remember as a devoted husband, father, and hero. I am thankful for all the love and support from around the world and from the Rangers ball club. I am glad Josh decided to play tonight. Shannon would have wanted him to. We are starting a porch light movement for Shannon, every night until he is laid to rest. Pass it on, it doesn't matter if you knew him. You can find the event on Facebook along with several pages dedicated to Shannon and his family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM
That's the city I was born in and for the first 5 years of my life my parents took me to about half a dozen games a year there so when I read it was at rangers stadium it caught my eye, by the time I read it all I was in tears. Baseball is just an all American sport, I think everyone's played catch with a baseball, and this dad took his son to an innocent baseball game, he yelled at Hamilton to throw up the next ball and hamilton said he rarely does that but did because he saw it was a dad and son and wanted to make a good memory. What dad doesn't want to catch a ball for his son thrown by his son's favorite player? (who was wearing a Hamilton shirt) it's just heartbreaking and shook me up a little bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:38 PM
At least that's how it seemed to play out based on the articles I read, regardless it was a tragedy that I think makes everyone think a little bit about hugging their loved ones just a little tighter every now and again

Quoting LovinLiv:

That's the city I was born in and for the first 5 years of my life my parents took me to about half a dozen games a year there so when I read it was at rangers stadium it caught my eye, by the time I read it all I was in tears. Baseball is just an all American sport, I think everyone's played catch with a baseball, and this dad took his son to an innocent baseball game, he yelled at Hamilton to throw up the next ball and hamilton said he rarely does that but did because he saw it was a dad and son and wanted to make a good memory. What dad doesn't want to catch a ball for his son thrown by his son's favorite player? (who was wearing a Hamilton shirt) it's just heartbreaking and shook me up a little bit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:41 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Quoting COWGIRLinPEARLs:

Shannon Stone is a very, very good family friend of ours. He came to work at the fire dept under my stepdad. Shannon will always be remember as a devoted husband, father, and hero. I am thankful for all the love and support from around the world and from the Rangers ball club. I am glad Josh decided to play tonight. Shannon would have wanted him to. We are starting a porch light movement for Shannon, every night until he is laid to rest. Pass it on, it doesn't matter if you knew him. You can find the event on Facebook along with several pages dedicated to Shannon and his family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
COWGIRLinPEARLs
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Brownwood pulled together as a community and raised over 5,000 in 3 hours today. our family started cooking as soon as we got the call. there are rumors swirling that Shannon was drunk. . no, he wasn't. he would never do that in front of Cooper. just keep this family in your prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)