Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stopped sleeping

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
DD is 6 months and for the past 2 months she has been sleeping in her own room in her crib last month she started going to bed on her own at 7pm and sleeping all night. Now for the past 3 days she's been super clingy to me and and every time I lay her down she screams and cries. It took me 3 hrs to get her down last night and tonight is starting off the same. But if I put her in bed with me she fine! Idk what could be going on it's so frustrating not knowing what's wrong..
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.jade.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Teething maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beka83
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM
maybe she just isnt feeling well and is more comfortable having you near her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Messick659
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM
She's not teething yet and acts fine all day until its bed time and she cries but once I pick her up she's laughing and happy
TexasWife
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM

No clue.

Megankae
by Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 7:08 AM
My son did the same thing at the same age ( though we did just move to germany). It was partially teething, though my mom said it was just a stage. It seemed he was just worried something would happen to me when I left. He got over it in a couple days. Maybe let her cry it out for a few minutes. It seemed to help mine. He'd be so relieved after about 5 minutes of crying that I was still there, he'd go straight to sleep. :) good luck, it totally sucks when they do that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 7:15 AM
I would just keep putting her in her own bed until she realizes thats how its going to be. Unless you want to cosleep. Keep your routine very consistent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mab05
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 9:05 AM
She's about that age. Its seperation anxiety. Its a stage. Though a frustrating one.
Babies this age don't understand object permanence.
When something leaves her sight she thinks it no longer exists. And this age she's struggling with understanding herself as a person and not just an extension of you.
Its a tough time for babies.

I really have no advice because whether you sit with her for 3hrs til she's absolutely zonked out. Or cosleep or let her cry it out. Its entirely up to you and what you think your daughter needs.
I've got 3 kids and have done all 3 depending on the child, age and other factors.

Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)