Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen Mom: Custody Question Ryan/Kyle

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:01 AM
  • 52 Replies

I haven't ever dealt with custody issues before. I was curious. Ryan's family keeps pressuring him to take custody or fight for it or whatever. But recently he's been threatening to go to court over her living with Kyle and in next weeks his parents ask if he can do anything about Kyle living with Maci and he says "court".

Is that a possibiity? I'm not just asking because I'm noisy I'm asking because of 'what ifs' you know whether it ever happens to me or a friend of mine whats the deal on that. Can the father of your child decide who lives with you? Can they say that you can't see your child if your living with a man you've been dating for a while and has no record (assuming kyle doesn't have one if he had had one I'm certain the world would know about it by now) or are they just wishful thinking??

Whats the deal?

by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WesAndNicksMom
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:03 AM

BUMP!

rosemagic01
by Holli on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Thanks for the bump! 

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

BUMP!

genemommy09
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:06 AM

i dont know...some states have cohabitation laws but i have no idea how much they are enforced. i wonder if thats where he is going with that??

i also heard a rumor on tmz or something that maci and kyle are engaged now? so i dont know if that would change anything or if it was a reaction to what ryan may have done???

Kailynmom27
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:06 AM
Honestly he can't unless he has valid reason why he does seem it unhealthy situation for bently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colins_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:07 AM
No they can't. Unless the person living with you has a violent crime, a crime against children, or is a sex offender. A friend of mine just went through this. She moved in with her uncle by marriage and her ex tried to take custody away from her for that reason (living with a man she wasn't married to and not related by blood) and the judge laughed @ him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JESS-10
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:07 AM
Most court systems cannot tell a parent who to live with unless there has been some type of abuse towards that child. If that SO has had "legal " issued then the court might have them talk to the judge so they can be sure they're compitant to be near that child. But some states laws are different. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaniGrl07

Being a child that was in a situation similar to that there is no law that states who either parent can live with unless that indivual is a danger to the child. That would be the only way that he could get the court to tell Maci she cant live with Kyle but since he is not a threat to Bently. As long as she is providing a stable safe home for the child, Ryan can not have the court dictate that.

Kailynmom27
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:07 AM
Maci and kyle aren't enaged. They are still living with each in chatt

Quoting mallowcup17:

i dont know...some states have cohabitation laws but i have no idea how much they are enforced. i wonder if thats where he is going with that??

i also heard a rumor on tmz or something that maci and kyle are engaged now? so i dont know if that would change anything or if it was a reaction to what ryan may have done???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JESS-10
Issues not issued!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)