• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to have a baby! Please Say your Oppinion!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:56 AM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: Is 23 a good age to have your first baby?

Options:

Yes

No

Only if both of you are working

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

Hi guys,

I decided to join CafeMom and the pregnancy group because I have beed dreaming to get pregnant and have a baby for very long time. I am 22 now I and in the December I will be 23. I have just started my first internship in a good company. I have my boyfriend for 3 years already and we have been talking to get married and have kids. Bt he is not working yet plus right now he lives in another country. I am a bit confused how to make the things work so that everything is ok and it won'd seem like I am rushing to have a baby without being prepared and having provided the basics for a baby.

What do you guys think? What would you do in my place?

feeding baby

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caitlin_mommyx3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:57 AM
I'm 22 and pregnant with my 4th!

In your case... I would wait until Daddy has a job AND is around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:59 AM

In my opinion, you're never ready to have baby until you do.  If you both have agreed you want a baby, go for it, 23 is a great age.  But I should let you know, if you're SO is going to be out of the country a while it's very difficult having an infant on your own.  Having him there for emotional support, and a break every now will help to build your family bond.  Good luck momma, and welcome to the group.  No one knows if you're ready except you ;)

zaritu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Thank you so much for your oppinion.

I am really trying to see what other people think so that I can make up my mind :)

blowing kisses

zaritu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Thank you for giving your oppinion!

hugs

MommyNWifey04
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:11 AM

23 is good age. no one is every ready to have a baby. but waiting till daddy is back in country and with you again and has a job would make things alot easier on you and baby both :) but there are so many out there who do it by them selfs and make it. its all on how you feel. good luck

noahscott
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:12 AM

if you have a good job and can provide for your baby.. its your choice to have one. This coming from a former teen mother who was not prepared for a baby when i got pregnant but made sure i was by time that baby was born. If i can do it at 17.. i'm sure you can do it at 23! especially if you really want one and are trying for it. maybe get your bf a green card first though.. lol. good luck.

MagicJellybean
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:12 AM
I agree about waiting for him to be around. Not just for you either... he would miss do much and that is time he could never make up with the baby. They grow and change so much the first years. I thing 23 is a great age to have a baby! I am 24 and have two beautiful little boys and would not change that for the world. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessiB211
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:14 AM
I agree, its a life change and its doesnt matter what age you are when you have childern its still gonna be just has demanding. Its a 24/7 job and its does take a village to raise a child. Doing it all one your makes it harder. I would def wait till you and bf where living together or married.

Quoting sugareemommee:

In my opinion, you're never ready to have baby until you do.  If you both have agreed you want a baby, go for it, 23 is a great age.  But I should let you know, if you're SO is going to be out of the country a while it's very difficult having an infant on your own.  Having him there for emotional support, and a break every now will help to build your family bond.  Good luck momma, and welcome to the group.  No one knows if you're ready except you ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briannas_mommy1
I had my first at 23 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciemae3215

haha... i'm 23 and pregnant with my 4th... that being said, we are very financially stabl and have been married for 4 years... as for what time is "right" to have kids, it's different for everyone. good luck ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)