Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just because I wanna know I am not alone...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:30 AM
  • 49 Replies

Are both of your parents alive?

And in an unrelated question, were you adopted?

My adopted mom died, when I was 12, my biological mom is not involved in my life at all.... and since my mom died, my relationship with my dad faded til it is pretty much non existent.

I miss my mom....some days more than others.... she was my BFFFFFFFF...and my hero. Stupid cancer... ANYwho, I just wondered... about being adopted and about losing a parent....

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmyangel22
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM
both of mine are alive. i see my mom almost daily and talk to her at least 5x a day. my dad, eh he was never around really and my step dad molested me so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:32 AM

My step dad adopted me when I was 12. When I turned 18 I tried finding my bio dad but he didn't want anything to do with me. I did find I have a younger half brother and we keep in touch.

bellawomen
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Sorry. I am no help. *hugs*

My mom is a loser and I haven't seen her since I became emancipated at 15 and I don't know my dad. But I was extremely close to my great grandfather and he died just days after my son was born. He basically financed my childhood and was a second parent, a dad I never had. I miss him SOOOOO much and he was my bff. Its hard, especially knowing he isn't here for me to share with my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:35 AM

*hugs* to all of you.

MAdkins82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Both my parents are alive. My mom lives with me and I talk to my dad daily. My dad and I had a rough relationship through my teens but after I had kids, we have been working it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM
both parents are alive. im not adopted. i have a step dad and im very close to him and my mom. my dad moved back up north after i turned 18. i usually go up to see him every labor day weekend because its the only chance i get to and this year his been ignoring me for the past 2 months. oh well, it hurts but i guess life goes on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Both my parents are alive and with other people well my dad is anyway. My mom is married but her and ky stepdad doesn't live with my mom. He lives up the street with his mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leighnicole
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:37 AM
My friend steph lost her mom 3 years ago to cancer and seeing what it did to her makes me shudder at the thought that it my someday be my reality. I'm so sorry, I can imagine like her that its quite a struggle especially having children. Keep your head up babe!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kenziesmom809
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM
My mom passed away when I was 4. She had breast cancer. When I was younger I never really had a good relationship with my dad but now that I'm older I do. He calls once a day to see how his grand babies are doing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I'm so sorry mama : (  ((HUGS))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)