Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You CANNOT trust even your neighbors

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:42 AM
  • 11 Replies

Report: Neighbor Admits To Suffocating 3-Year-Old Missouri Girl

Written by Michael Lambarde on Aug 16, 2011 // Category: National

A Missouri man has confessed to murdering three-year-old Breeann Rodriguez, according to records released. The little girl, who was last seen riding her bike along with her five-year-old brother on Aug. 6 before she went missing when her brother went inside to get a drink, was murdered by her neighbor, Shawn Dale Morgan.

The 43-year-old is a husband and a father with three children and lives on the same block as the little girl. According to the Probable Cause Affidavit filed in court and written by Officer Tim Trowbridge of the Bootheel Drug Task Force, Morgan admitted to the officer that he suffocated the girl.

Morgan also revealed details on how he grabbed the girl, saying that he took her when he saw her standing on a pool ladder in his backyard. “He went to the little girl, grabbed her, and carried her inside the house,” the report said, before he used a plastic trash bag to suffocate her.

In stunning details explained to a police officer, Morgan said that he put the trash bag over her mouth and nose, but noted that it “felt like it took an hour [for her] to die”. He said he later threw the girl inside the trash bag and disposed the bag over a railing and into the flood ditches alongside Highway 164. He also admitted that he threw the girl’s pink bike into the water. Just last week, Breeann’s father identified the training wheels and said that they belonged to his daughter.

Morgan was arrested on Aug. 12. At the time, he was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, tampering with physical evidence, and armed criminal action. Morgan worked in a steel factory in Blytheville, Arkansas and was described by his colleagues as being a quiet man with a slight build. He is scheduled to appear in court later today at 9AM.

The body of Breeann has still not been found. The FBI is asking anyone that has information about the case or the whereabouts of the girl to call 1-866-371-TIPS.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skyelyns_mommie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM

wow just wow, i have been hoping the would find her alive but to think her own nieghbor did it..... R.I.P baby girl

EmmasMama130
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 AM

wow what is wrong with people.. they need to have there heads examined to kill anyone let alone a child or baby.. when my daughter is old enough I will not let her out of my sight. no one can be trusted.  I am so sorry for the loss this little girl & glad to she will get justice & the murder will hopefully get life in prison. sick sick sick!!

hayvensmommy07
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Omg that is disgusting. That poor girl and poor family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin2407
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Wow. He had children of his own, too. That is sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrissyKrissy05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:48 AM
That poor little girl! It's sad that you can't even trust your own neighbors :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Poor kid.

But, why the FUCK was their mom letting them play outside, unsupervised?

I don't care if u live in fucking CANDYLAND. DO NOT LET YOUR 5 AND 3 YEAR OLD OUTSIDE UNSUPERVISED.

Do they not watch the news? And see all the stories of pedophiles and murderers who target nice, quiet neighborhoods because they know idiot parents think their small children are safe outside?

SMH.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:52 AM

So sad!

amiesue1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM
That is so sad. I don't understand how someone could do that. At least he turned him self in, it sound like he has the potential to be a serial killer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I heard about this and it just doesn't make sense. WHY? Why would you take a little girl and kill her for no reason? I just don't understand! What was the point? UGH!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:55 AM

That is exactly what I said. My hubby said they live in a super duper small town where everyone knows everyone and everyone feels safe. I know that doesn't matter though. I would never let my kids play outside by themselves, I don't care where we lived. 

Quoting carterscutie85:

Poor kid.

But, why the FUCK was their mom letting them play outside, unsupervised?

I don't care if u live in fucking CANDYLAND. DO NOT LET YOUR 5 AND 3 YEAR OLD OUTSIDE UNSUPERVISED.

Do they not watch the news? And see all the stories of pedophiles and murderers who target nice, quiet neighborhoods because they know idiot parents think their small children are safe outside?

SMH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)