Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God + friends?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:25 PM
  • 37 Replies
One of the other posts got me thinking. Do you have friends who don't share your religious views or does anyone you associate with have to be the same religion as you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:26 PM
I'm pagan I guess you could say, I don't belong to any organized religion and like a lot of other things my view is "to each his own" I have christian friends, athiest friends, agnostic friends....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegStorey
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I have friends from many different types of religious backgrounds.  As long as they can be respectful to me then I am respectful to them.  I don't ask someone about their religious association before becoming their friend.

davidnjonsmommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:28 PM
No, I have friends of different faiths. My sister has completely different beliefs than I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM
I agree. I had a friend in highschool tell me I was going to hell for my beliefs, but I never once said she was wrong for being a christian. I just said it wasn't for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Same here. One of my sisters is christian, the next one is jehovahs witness, and the last one is pagan lol

Quoting davidnjonsmommy:

No, I have friends of different faiths. My sister has completely different beliefs than I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poietes
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:31 PM
I have friends with many different beliefs but I love learning about different religions/views as long as every one involved is respectful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM

yup. i have tons of friends who are different religions than me, some atheists, some hard core religious, some very liberal.

Renee02
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM

I don't practice or believe or anything, if anything I am Spiritual. Alot of my friends are Religious. But they never bring it up to me because they know and respect what I believe and same goes for me to them. Usually strangers do that to me LOL and I just node my head lol.

krs_tristan
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:34 PM
I have friends with all kinds of beliefs. I *think* one is atheist. I believe in God. I respect all views, even if they aren't close to mine. I don't push my views on others, but if asked, I will explain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Yes I have friends who believe differently.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)