Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age did you..

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM
  • 30 Replies

Start your kids in kindegarten? My girls turn 4 on Sept 6th (which happens to be the first day of school!) I decided this year to not send them yet, just curious at what age did everyone start their kids, and if your child had a birthday before or after the school start date did you send them? Why or why not?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Here they have to be 5 on or before Sept. 1st. My sons 5th birthday is a few days before that but we decided to wait until next year so he has another year to mature :) he just wasnt quite ready yet. My youngest son has a Nov. bday so he will be a few months shy of 6 when he starts.
KayNevLilSweet2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM

my daughters will 5 going on 6 into kindergarden they miss teh cut off day so theyll be teh oldest in there grade..

liveforever
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:55 PM

my daughter turned 5 in may and she is starting kindergarten next week.

KimGsMommi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Here they have to be 5 by September 1st as well. My oldest will be 5 going in, and the other doesn't turn 5 until December so she'll be a few months shy of 6 when she starts.

JessEmilyHailey
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Its 5 here also so I should probably rephrase that, pre-k starts at four and I couldnt bring myself to put them in this year, once they are in the school has them for the next 13 years, I deserve one more year with them. My mom started me young and I always felt as if I didnt grasp things like the other kids did!

JessEmilyHailey
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I will be that Mom that bawls and wants to stay the day with them :(

bellawomen
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM

My son was 5 turning 6.  I think children that start off too soon (4 or young 5) are not ready.  They take longer to learn and socially are not really there.  Sure there are exceptions, so no one get their panties in a wad.  But after volunteering in my sons class, sometimes 5 days a week, you can really see who are the young children.

Mommajub

My olest was almost 6, you have to be 5 before sept something to enroll in K here and her b-day is in Oct... My younest will only be 4 this new years eve (her b-day) so she'll be 'late' starting too

naominpipermom
They have to be 5 by august 16th hete in charleston
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofton
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:00 PM

My son turns 6 in the middle of sept. He missed the cut off last year so he had to wait til this year to attend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)