Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is so depressing. How can I have so many things wrong with me at 23 years old?! (piog)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:52 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am really worried/upset/depressed/angry today and I don't wanna talk to DH about it 'cause he'll just go into denial mode and try to convince me that everything will be fine when I know it won't.... and I don't wanna talk to my mom 'cause she'll just get all upset and worried and that won't help me.

I have been having health problems for a while now and they just seem to be getting worse. I am 23, almost 24 and I have so many damn things wrong with me it is ridiculous. I have fibromyalgia / CFS, major back and neck problems (which I am convinced are from my last epi), adenomyosis (which has caused me to bleed heavily for over 2 months now), uterine prolapse, carpel tunnel syndrome, arthritis, constant hip pain (started during pregnancy with the twins and never left), asthma that has steadily gotten worse since I QUIT smoking, type 2 diabetes, anemia, severe IBS (I know this is TMI but I seriously have to go like 6x a day or more), severe GERD which causes chest pain and makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack, hiatal hernia, gallstones..... and now THIS.....

Three days ago I went to my pulmonologist because I was having some shortness of breath and things like that so they did a breathing test and my lung function is down to 62%.... last time (3 years ago) it was 85% so that's a big drop. He was pretty concerned about it and went ahead and started me on steroids, Singulair, inhalers, and antibiotics just in case there was any infection going on. He told me to come back in 2 weeks for another breathing test to see if the meds helped any and he set me up for a CT scan of my chest and told me if things got any worse before then to go to the ER and he would probably wanna admit me to see what's going on. Well, all day yesterday I had a sharp pain in the right side of my chest every time I would cough, laugh, breathe deep, clear my throat or even talk loudly. So I called my doc to see what I should do and he told me to go to the ER.

So I went and they ran a ton of tests, went head and did the CT scan and it showed that my pulmonary artery is enlarged, which is a sign of pulmonary hypertension. He said there has to be some kind of problem going on for it to be enlarged unless it is just a genetic defect which he said is not likely. So now I have to have an echocardiogram and a bunch of other stuff to see if it's pulmonary hypertension, which he said it probably is. What I don't get is..... WHY?! I am 23 fucking years old for crying out loud. What the hell have I done for all of this stuff to be going wrong? I literally feel like my whole body is just failing. Yes, I used to smoke but I know people who have smoked for decades and don't have the problems I have. I don't do drugs, I don't drink.... Yeah, I'm overweight but again, so are a lot of people and they don't have these problems.

I am just starting to feel hopeless. It's just one thing after another. I am tired of going to all these different doctors, tired of taking a ton of pills every day, tired of feeling like shit, tired of LIFE in general.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM
Awww i'm so sorry you're blue momma!! ((hugs)) I hope you feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenMarie2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Thanks.

JenMarie2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:01 PM

BUMP!

IloveBilly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Well just be thankful that you can get the treatment you need cause thats very important. A lot of people cant get treatment and hopefully since you can, they will figure out whats going on and correct it! I wish you luck sweetie! But always remember, even though you have it bad, theres always someone else who has it worse. Good luck!

ffpm10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:04 PM
I'm sorry :(
May I ask how overweight?

I have chronic regional pain syndrome in my right foot/ankle, which is essentially fibromyalgia plus major sensitivity to anything that touches it. And it's making my whole leg/hip/back be thrown off :(((
So, I feel for ya. I have the pretty bad GERD too, but thanks to my ulcer I pretty much just don't eat!
Life sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rebekah88
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:16 PM
I am so thankful I'm not the only one with a million things wrong with me at 23. I know there are kids with cancer and bad stuff that never make it to 23 and that's why I hate complaining so much, but I'm tired of being in pain. I've pretty taken care of my self I've always been active and going and doing, I'm not over weight, I barely drink, and I barely smoke ciggs anymore. I hate talking to my mom cause it worries her also and I feel like I'm overloading her wig my problems. I hate talking to my husband because I'm afraid I'm going to push him away( I know he wouldn't leave I'm just tired of always complaining to him). So here are my problems...
1. I have had major headaches/migraines since I was 8 and they can't figure out why. Ive had a cat scan before.
2. I have horrible back pain. So bad sometimes that it takes my breath away.
3. Since last summer when I was prego with my youngest I've had horrible left hip pain.
4. I have the tightest neck and can't get rid of it.
5. I have had problems with my ovaries and having moderate displaysia and bad cyst/ mass.
6. My left knee hurts so bad it hurts to sit down and bend it
7. My ankles hurt so bad I can't run
8. I have constant dhirehha, I have to go get a colonoscoPy to figure out what's going on
9. I have jaw problems( tmj?) and I need to have a brace but I don't have 8000$
10. I need surgery on my gum line bone in the front because I fell when I wa younger and there is some bone missing that's causing lOts of pain.
That's pretty much it..(sry for typos on mobile)
I wish you luck on everything and hope you get to feeling better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonathanmomma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM
I'm do sorry! I hope everything works out for you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenMarie2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Let's just say I have well over 100 pounds to lose. I have lost 24 so far in the last couple of months.

Your condition sounds similar to something that a friend of mine has. I forget what she called it but one of her feet is so sensitive she can't even put a sock on without it feeling like her whole foot is on fire. It sounds horrible.

Quoting ffpm10:

I'm sorry :(
May I ask how overweight?

I have chronic regional pain syndrome in my right foot/ankle, which is essentially fibromyalgia plus major sensitivity to anything that touches it. And it's making my whole leg/hip/back be thrown off :(((
So, I feel for ya. I have the pretty bad GERD too, but thanks to my ulcer I pretty much just don't eat!
Life sucks!

JenMarie2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Quoting Rebekah88:

I am so thankful I'm not the only one with a million things wrong with me at 23. I know there are kids with cancer and bad stuff that never make it to 23 and that's why I hate complaining so much, but I'm tired of being in pain. I've pretty taken care of my self I've always been active and going and doing, I'm not over weight, I barely drink, and I barely smoke ciggs anymore. I hate talking to my mom cause it worries her also and I feel like I'm overloading her wig my problems. I hate talking to my husband because I'm afraid I'm going to push him away( I know he wouldn't leave I'm just tired of always complaining to him). So here are my problems...
1. I have had major headaches/migraines since I was 8 and they can't figure out why. Ive had a cat scan before. Me too. Mine started when I was about 13... right after my first period so mine could be hormonal.
2. I have horrible back pain. So bad sometimes that it takes my breath away.
3. Since last summer when I was prego with my youngest I've had horrible left hip pain. My pain started when I was pregnant with my twins in 2010 and it is in both hips.
4. I have the tightest neck and can't get rid of it. Me too... my neck has been CONSTANTLY stiff and sore for over a year, no lie.
5. I have had problems with my ovaries and having moderate displaysia and bad cyst/ mass.
6. My left knee hurts so bad it hurts to sit down and bend it Me too!
7. My ankles hurt so bad I can't run
8. I have constant dhirehha, I have to go get a colonoscoPy to figure out what's going on Same here... I was supposed to have a colonoscopy done but I've been putting it off because I am deathly afraid of being sedated.
9. I have jaw problems( tmj?) and I need to have a brace but I don't have 8000$ Omg.... I know this is getting creepy but... me too. lmao. It just started like 3 months ago... sometimes my jaw starts hurting and feeling really tight and stiff like I almost can't even open my mouth!
10. I need surgery on my gum line bone in the front because I fell when I wa younger and there is some bone missing that's causing lOts of pain. Ouch
That's pretty much it..(sry for typos on mobile)
I wish you luck on everything and hope you get to feeling better. Thanks. Same to you!

momma21qtpi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I hear ya girlie! I'm a walking medical issue myself. I have a lot of the same probelms. I know it sucks... Chin up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)