• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

and they said they were doctors?!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son has been diagnosed with adhd odd and a possible mood disorder. This phys. Had him on 3 different meds to try and stablize his mood. But the medication was making him act....off...it didnt do what it was suppose to. His doc changed it all a few times but still he acted the same. Finally....i stepped in and took him off all meds except his meds to help him sleep. Ive had a feeling that my sons lack of sleep was the thing that made him act so bizarre. Low and behold it worked! Its been 3 weeks of just a sleeping pill and he has been amazing. It has taken 2 years for doctors and second opinions and third and medication out the ass. He saw his doctor and he has a sleeping disorder!! All this time after all these years of telling doctors he doesnt sleep well and them ignoring me...ended up being what it was!! Wheres my degree now bitches?! Lol....makes me very happy all he needs is a sleep aide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LancesMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Hugs! I am glad you figured it out!

SkylursMomma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Wow..sometimes dr's dont know their ass from a hole in the ground! Glad u followed your mommy intuition!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3angels23
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Well that is wonderful that it's just a sleep disorder.....Sorry you had to go through all of the other craziness!!! lucky you have an answer!! Good Job MOMMA!!

sreichelt26
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:24 AM
Way to trust your gut mama! Unfortunately the medical field nowadays is run by pharmaceutical companies, so a lot of drs are quick to diagnose and prescribe.

Keep being your child's advocate!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)