Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breech baby

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

so I went to the hospital midwife clinic at 32 weeks they told me she was in birthing possition head down.

well I went back today I am 34 weeks pregnate but am on the beginning of my 35th week.  they told me she flipped and is now in breech possition.  they told me to not worry that she probably she probably just has a little more space to flip still.

they gave me exercises/ possitions to go into to encourage her to fip upside down again and I am going to the chiropractor tommorrow for the hip ajustment they recomended to flip her.

I have to keep on doing this if she does not do this on her own they will have to manually flip her at 38 weeks.  this is when two doctors press down on the belly to flip the baby.

from what the midwife told me this is very painful.  so I am going to be doing the exersices everyday for 20 minutes at a time a day in hopes she will get the hang of it again.

Does anyone else have this problem or had this problem?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CrystalYaris
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I honestly cannot give you an answer to this.

My son was in breech position when I was 37 weeks into my pregnancy. The doctor didn't recommend manually flipping the baby as there is potential for the umbilical cord wrapping around the baby's neck. He said that can be an option and he will do as I wish. Another problem came up during the same week which led me to go with the option of having a csection. He had only been in practice 8 years, so I was unsure how much he knew what he was talking about. I've heard women arguing over this.

SB2217
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM

DD was head down, then flipped, then head down again and then flipped breech and stayed breech. I tried everything and the kid would not flip.

At 37 weeks I had a version. It was very scary, I had an epidural but could still feel the pain and the Drs pushing down and turning the baby. Ended up with lots of scratches and red bruises but they were able to flip her and she stayed head down. 3 weeks later I had a vaginal birth. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)