• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you say jealous much? Long Vent Sry!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM
  • 12 Replies
So my SO and I are talking over dinner and he asks me about a hat I purchased for DS on a trip to the mall w/ SIL and a friend. Apparently in a recent conversation it came up how DS is spoiled and that I bought him a hat for $28. First off my DS is 2...I don't buy many expensive items because he is way to young and rough for them to last. So no way would a spend that much. Hat in question was only $15. Second off I work full time, SO works full time what I buy for my children and how much I spend is my business! So for someone to comment on what I spend and why just ticks me off! DS is an only child (until Oct) and the fact that we can afford to buy things at leisure doesn't mean we do all the time. So am I just overreacting or would it bother you too if your "friends" are referring to your child as spoiled and reporting your shopping receipts to your SO?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjbennett26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I'd tell that jealous person I couldnt be friends with someone who makes judgements like that of me and what I do with my child....

LancesMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Maybe he felt that it might just get ruined, so why spend a lot.

Caden-and-Cash
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM
No SO wasnt upset or anything. We have a mutual understanding when it comes to money. It was more the friends I was upset with... Almost felt like they wanted to cause a problem or start some drama.

Quoting LancesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hdecker1217
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM
Yea, why are these "friends" worried about it!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM
What you spend is your business
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:20 PM

That is incredibly annoying.

People who think "things" spoil a child are idiots.

My daughter is 4...and has had a little Coach purse since she turned 3. She also has a laptop and some other things that were higher priced. I have met children with FAR LESS who were spoiled little brats.

sarapunkinpie88
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM
yeah they seem jealous. I would call them out and ask why are they concerned?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

I don't understand this either. My daughter is 4...and has been taught to take care of her things her whole life. I really cant name one expensive thing she has ruined or broke...not an ipad...not a laptop...not a coach purse...not her nice clothes or shoes...

jazzy020106
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM

your SO is saying he is spoiled.. or SIL?

Caden-and-Cash
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:28 AM
Someone said it to my SO...hasn't told me if it was my SIL or the friend but they are the two that were shopping with me that day so it could only be one of the two

Quoting jazzy020106:

your SO is saying he is spoiled.. or SIL?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)