Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Faking It. (not in a sexual way)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM
  • 19 Replies

Have any of you faked it in either of these ways: 

Dressing up super nice for certain stores so they don't look down on you, when in reality you don't have very much money?

Or Hiding the tag so that you can return it, or wear different pieces without having to truly pay for it. 

and is this wrong to you?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:42 PM

No I haven't.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:44 PM
No I havent. And I think the last one is wrong imo.
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:45 PM

never done either before.

MrsDex
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:45 PM

i don't agree with the second one. i've never done either.

Ngelulu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM
I have tried the hiding the tag thing...but I mostly end up getting things dirty because of my dd...so I don't bother anymore...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennifernolker
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:49 PM
I have reattached tags with a gun before to return it. Only because it had a factory defect and the store disagreed and wouldnt take it back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennifernolker
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Without the tags attached
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TC00
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:50 PM

nope and I consider the last thing along the lines of stealing

xomrs.chase
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:51 PM

whenever i go to Atlantic City i wear the most expensive outfit i have because we go to the mall at Ceasar's Palace... which if you havent been there that mall has every major designer you can think of... 

i do have a funny story about dressing down: i went to Coach for the first time when i was 16. my bf at the time cheated on me... his bad since we had a joined bank account... so, i drained it and went shopping! anyway- i walked into coach wearing a band tee, ripped jeans, and converse. i picked out a cute purse that fit my style and brought it up to the register.  at this point not one employee said anything to me... i put the purse on the counter and the guy made a "stink face" and looked me up and down. "two hundred dollars," he said in the bitchiest voice i've ever heard come out of a guy. i pull out my DUCT TAPE WALLET (another glare) and pull two crisp $100 bills from my stash. his face all of a sudden lit up and he asked if i wanted to join their stupid e-mail club... hahahaha!!!!

CheyennesMommy2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)