• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm stressed and worried

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

So i've been having a little bit of an issue lately. I am 16 weeks pregnant and found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks. In the beginning of my pregnancy my husband and I fought almost everyday about just about anything and then finally when I ended up in the hospital because of all the stress, the fighting stopped. But lately the fighting has started up again. I feel so stressed out at times because our baby was planned. Sometimes I wonder if we made the right choice...

Our fights start as arguments about little things here and there and lately our main fight has been that my husband thinks I don't love him because I'm not being as lovable as I once was. It's not that I don't love him it's just that he chooses the wrong time to love on me and it really irritates me. I have a hard time sleeping as it is and he always hugs me and kisses me while i'm sleeping which always wakes me up and when i push away or ask him to stop we start fighting. 

I have lost a lot of interest in doing things that he always wants to do such as going to the movies or being intimate with each other, sometimes even just dancing around acting goofy. I'm always tired or throwing up, I don't feel sexy and I don't have interest in being goofy...maybe its just my hormones or maybe its just me being a little inconsiderate all together, but whatever it may be I want help or advice so maybe I can be more enjoyable to be around.

I don't think I'm the only pregnant woman that goes through loss of interest in things, so I'd really appreciate any advice you all can give me

-Vanessa

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ffpm10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM

buy HIM a what to expect book :) its always nice to know you aren't alone. They have a ton of books for daddies.

vorellana1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Thanks for your response. Thought i might get more feedback from others but I will try what you suggested. :)

gooftroop070910
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Idk what to say. I was always tired n crabby and what have u and i think dh knew that. But here's a bump hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vorellana1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Thank you, I wish he knew it too. I just don't think he is used to the crabbyness because I wasn't that way before.

McM0609
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:28 AM
I know how you feel, im 24 wks pregnant and my husband cant keep his hands off me either. We also argue over the dumbest things. But if its any comfort some women go through this too. You just need to explain to him how you feel and that you love him. Or try to tell him in a nice way if he can back off for a bit. You shouldnt be stressed out cause u know the baby feels it. Good luck :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanChild82
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:33 AM
I'm 5 weeks and my husband can't keep his hands off me. It's crazy but he understands that at times I do not want to be touched. He's been very helpful so far. You might try talking to him through text. Weird I know but when I can't explain myself without crying I put it in writing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarapunkinpie88
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM
My fiance did not understand until he read the ' what to expect when you're expecting ' book. there is a chapter for dads .

He said the part that made him understand the most - was that a pregnant woman just sitting on the couch, was using as much energy as he would if he went to the gym for a workout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarapunkinpie88
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM
Besides that he should not start fights since you have already been in the hospital!

What if you said you think he doesn't love you bc he keeps starting fights with you even though he knows its bad for your and the babys health?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nati123
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:54 AM
I'm worse than you. I don't even want to sleep in the same bed as him. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just feel I need space and I like being alone. Sometimes I feel he doesn't understand what I'm going through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)