Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is my family so messed up?! very long vent!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm just beside myself on why my side of the family can't get along. My grandma has 2 kids, my mom and my aunt. And it seems that she can only talk to one of them at a time......my mom for a few years and then my aunt and back to my mom and it only switches when the other pisses her off. Well my mom said she would never do that.....a load of crap! She is doing the exact same thing to my brother and I right now! My brother has been in some trouble and most recently went to jail because he was having sex with his gf and her mom found a PT and pressed charges, so now my brother is registered as a sex offender. :( which I totally disagree with but oh well done and over with. So he was living with my mom and dad. Last year July 19th my dad had a stroke and ended up in the hospital for almost 3 months before he passed away. During this time my mom was staying at the hospital for an extended amount of time. So she would send my brother with her atm card and tell him a sepcific amount to with draw so he had money for food and gas. WELL he stole about 3000 from her. Then he gets a job keeps it for 3 months, out of work for a month and gets another job. Hooks my mom up with a guy from work and they hit it off good. I have a hard time with that because they started with the 'i love you's' after about 2 weeks of dating. he moved in after 3 weeks of dating. He smokes pot....no biggie I don't care dont bring it in my home I'm not going to criticize you for it. Well my brother continues with the stealing from my mom and her bf which is his supervisor at work. :/ not too smart on his part. Oh well not my problem. My mom kicked him out of the house may 16th and he moved in with a friend in a neighboring town, doesn't change his address on the registry until a month later. he moves around some more and my mom's address is still on the registry for both Illinois and Wisconsin. So she contacts his P.O. and says that she wants her address off blah blah. In all of this my mom took back the truck that she loaned my brother.....he says my dad gave it to him but that's not what was said. ((this is where the backstabbing comes in)) My parents have given me 2 vehicals and said they were mine and then taken them back...one when I was 6 months prego with DS. So she takes the truck back and has work done to it cuz it was running like crap, has a stack put in (it's a disel so it would look cool with a stack) if the stack is a bigger one not 3 in it would look HOT but it looks funny. Well tonight she calls me and askes where my brother is living and I was like 'just to be nosey why do you need his address?' she says that she is going to drive by his house in 'HER TRUCK' and show it off. I let it go. About 20 min later my brother calls me and says 'tell that B**** to stop driving past my friends parents house or I'm going to do something about it' Now mind you he has claimed that he is never going to talk to my mom and says for the way she has treated him that he doesn't consider her his mom. I told him I wasn't going to be put in the middle of the feud and to leave me out of it, if he or his friends parents have a problem then to call the cops. He gets more pissed at my mom and starts swearing. So I texted both of them about 10 min later after I had stopped crying in DH arms and told them to not put me in the middle anymore and I was going to stop the cycle of disowning family. I told them where they were wrong with what had gone on tonight and said I love you. I just don't get how family can try to one up each other and try to piss each other off like that. My mom knew that what she was doing was going to piss my brother off and she knew that he was going to call me and get me involved. I'm just so tired of it but I don't want to be like my mom and not talk to family just because they have pissed me off, yeah maybe for a few days or weeks but nothing along the lines of months our year I've been there and don't like it. I have been the 'backbone' for my family from about the age of 2 when my dad cheated on my mom and since then. She tried to kill her self in i think 99 and I was the only onw that she woke up and I called 911 and had her puke all over me I was the one that saved my mom! I'm sorry but that's something a 9 year old will never get over! but I've always been more mature then my age....so I've been told. I just don't see why my mom and her fiance are acting like high schoolers and doing this to my brother and getting me involved by utting me in the middle and get me to fix everything and make it better for everyone!

I have left out a lot of what has gone on to save time on reading there is a lot more to ALL of this and it's just a load of crap on how my family is so F***ed up! I hate it and I love the fact that I married in to such a loving family, even when they are mad at eachother they are civil with each other and don't resort o childish tacktics! UGH! thanks for listening :)

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
army_wifey_06
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Wow hun! I am so sorry your family is so screwed up! I don't blame you for not wanting to be in the middle of everything! It sounds like you could use a break from them! 

lenoxclan
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM

HUGS momma.. I agree with Army, your family needs to get their shit in order and until they do, you are probably better off without them

TashaB82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM
((HUGS)) i too come from a severely disfunctional family.. I dont talk to my parents much and it sucks. But soo much less drama is soo better for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHardy2008
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Sorry hun! I know its tough I have a pretty dysfunctional family too. I have been learning to.ignore it or stay away from it. Some family I just avoid and others I try to ignore the drama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM

That's the thing is I want to be away from all the drama and shit but then again I don't want to be like my mom and pull myslef away from everything. So I'm kinda in a pickle :(

mommy_massey11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM
I totally understand how you feel my family is the same way. I have 5 brothers and sisters yet because of drama with them and my mom I feel like I have to tip toe around so I don't get pulled into the drama and cause problems for myself and my little family. Also why I was so happy to move away. Sorry all this happens but it makes us stronger people. And ignoring them for a little while does help your sanity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)