Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, darn. That was seriously a blow to my soul.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:53 PM
  • 5 Replies
MY oldest and I always butt heads over her doing her chores. She is nine, and she claims that I make her do everything. Despite the fact that I have proven that her brother has as many chores as she does, and even my four year old has just about as many. Not only that, but I have about ten times as many chores as she does. This had been proven over, and over, and over again. We just don't lollygag over our chores as feel sorry for ourselves. We just do them, and we get ours done quicker than she does.
Today, we were fighting over her folding the laundry. She had let it pile up for a couple of days, and I wasn't going to let it go any further. Well, she ends up going on again about how I have her do "everything" so we had the discussion AGAIN about how much she does, and how much the rest of us do. Well, she gets up and walks away after that conversation and goes to play with her brothers and sister (who have finished their chores) WITHOUT FINISHING THE LAUNDRY. So, I tell her she could play after she was done with folding the last little bit.

Do you know what she says to me? She says "you know, none of this is my problem. Maybe you should have just stuck to having one kid, and this wouldn't be happening."
I was floored. I am not much of a spanker, but I seriously wanted to pop her in the mouth for saying something like that. I told her that none of them were any more special than any of the other's and none of them were Ever going to be an only child, and what she said was disrespectful and downright mean spirited and cold hearted, and that she was basically saying that she didn.t want any of her siblings to be alive. She clammed up after that. Then a little while later, she apologized.

That was just...wow.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM
She would have got popped, then gotten away from me. Sent to her room or something. Ground her when she starts that crap. And when she doesn't do chores. And since she's the oldest (correct?) Remind her that she'd be stuck with even more chores without her siblings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarapunkinpie88
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Sorry to be disrespectful, but that made me LOL. I even read it to my fiance. I would have told her all that too and made her do everyone else s chores for a week!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM
I thought about making her do everyone's.chores.for a.week or so, but nothing would.ever get done :p there's just too much to do.
chrismom0306
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM

This is the same problem we are having with my 8 yr old step son. My DH got tired of it and he was to do everyone else's chores for a week. The first 2 days we had huge blow outs over it, but it got done and it got done right. Now we dont even have to tell him to do his. He just does them along with his brother and sister. Hope everything works out for you!!!

Quoting TempestRayne:

I thought about making her do everyone's.chores.for a.week or so, but nothing would.ever get done :p there's just too much to do.

Mommajub
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM

My oldest has tried to pull that on me, I made her to my chores for 1 day (not counting cooking I don't want the house to burn down!)

One day was all it took, she doesn't complain about taking trash out, folding her clothes, or cleaning her room anymore. And she even started thanking me for cleaning the rest of the house LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)