Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM
  • 16 Replies

I got mine in today...Im curious to hear what you like and dont like about Mirena, and how long have you had it in?

Thanks for your input ladies :) 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMomma1022
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I had mine in for almost 2 years. and LOVED it the only side effect that I had was headaches. other then that my periods were light and hardly any cramping. :) LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Deedah86
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Strings were too long, they poked dh and they had to go in and cut them. That was my only issue and it sucked, lol.

other than that, i'm not preggo and that's good enough for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 PM

LOVE mine.Had it in for 4 months shy of the 5 years.

Deedah86
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Did it hurt coming out?? I might make a new post about this cuz i'm curious.

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

I had mine in for almost 2 years. and LOVED it the only side effect that I had was headaches. other then that my periods were light and hardly any cramping. :) LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia.bear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 PM

when I had it, every 3 or 4 weeks I had a ton of pregnancy symptoms. I was moody, irritable, it seemed like I was PMSing 24/7. I only had it in for about 5 months

Ladywithtwo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
My strings were too short & poked DH. Then it migrated and my dr couldn't find it! But it's ok and hasn't caused any damage. Generally I love it, it definitely works. BUT I do have very sore breasts during my now nonexistent period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwag88
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I lost my strings, and they ended up putting it in wrong or something because it was only dispensing hormone on one side of my uterus causing the other side to implant and later miscarry...I liked the fact I didnt have to remember anything but I had a hard time with it 

loves4mama
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM

i had mine for less than a month. dh & i could feel it (very painful!) and so we had the strings shortened and that still didnt work. had it taken out and am now back on the pill.

mgc_717
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I had my mirena in for 9 months. I pulled it out myself because my husband and I want to have another child. I had my period every month with the mirena. I loved it this time around. I have had the mirena before and it caused way to much cramping.

Kaleigh92805
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I have mine in for a year and a half and I just had my taken out 3 weeks ago and no it didnt hurt coming out..it felt the same as when they put it in

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)