Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i not get upset about this?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
So dh & I used to have some awesome neighbors, they were great people, & we all clicked well. we live in VA & they moved to NV about a year ago. Well, theyre going to NC next month & dh wants to go down there to meet with them. Our ds just turned 1 & he's got stranger anxiety pretty badly. Actually, anything unfamiliar to him, he hates. Including new places to sleep. So going down there for q wkend vacation to visit sounds great until u factor in that ds is going to be crying & screaming for a good 2-3 hrs when it comes time to sleep. Last time we took him somewhere else he was up til 4am screaming... But I cldnt leave bc dh took my car. Anyway, I told dh I would go so long as he doesnt leave me & our ds at night. I told him no matter how many dif places I've tried or how many times, ds does it everytime, & I dnt want to deal with it by myself. He says he won't promise he wont go bar hopping at nights with his friend. So he's going for the weekend by himself.

Now, we've had some issues lately bc he works 2 jobs during the day & I work full time nights, so we never see eachother. When I ask him to both request a wkend off together he wont bc its turning down money... We have not gone out on a date or anywhere for a yr & a half. Since ds was born. We've gone to my sisters to see her & her bf but thats the only place we go. So he wont request time off to work on our relationship, or make the choice to do whatever he wants during the day but just to be with me & ds at night, but he's going to go take 4 days off to hang out with a friend.

I'm pissed.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Begsley
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I would be pissed too.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM
I would be pretty upset about that too.
ambcutie24
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I would be pissed

NearSeattleMom
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:43 AM

I wouldn't take it personally . . . let him go and then he'll owe you some time off eventually, too.

Deedah86
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:02 AM
I wouldnt be comfortable with that at all, although my issue is that I dont trust mine lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOf2LilGirls
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:06 AM

I would be very upset too.... 

gummybearjunkie
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:34 AM
Id be pissed too, thats BS in my opinion. He should want to spend time with his wife instead of at the bar with his friend.
TheBabyFactory4
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:36 AM
I would be pissed, dh and I both work opposite schedules too, if he TAKES time off, he better spend it with me. He doesn't go bar hopping or anything, he's an adult with responsibilities and me and his kids are his first priority. Neither of us rarely spend time alone with friends. We are just too busy and our family comes first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BruLeyMag
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:10 AM

id be pissed my SO wouldnt get to go lol its not fair

tazmidgiefairy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:12 AM

I would mad so mad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)