• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rant-awful evening...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM
  • 20 Replies
I am having one of the worst evenings ever! The baby won't stop crying, when I picked up my four year old from preschool he had pooped his pants and not told anyone, so I had to clean him up enough to get home. Wash him down, the whole time my 4 month old is screaming because I'm not holding him and he's tired. I have a mountain of laundry because dh has not helped with any of the household chores. Dh said we didn't have enough money for me to buy tea to help me produce more breastmilk, but he can stop at fing taco bell. I may not have enough breast milk for me to go to work tomorrow, everytime I pump while I'm at home the baby has a fit. Dh thinks the solution is to give the baby formula that's made from cows milk, but everytime I drink cows milk the baby like really throws up for hours afterward. My four year old is arguing with everything I say! My head hurts, my ears hurt, my eyes burn. I have 3 loads of laundry to fold dh is expecting I cook a great dinner so he can take some for lunch tomorrow to work. All this after working all d day.

All this while dh is stuck at working making not even min wage after his commute costs. You'd think since I'm fing broke all the fing time and have to parent 2 kids and do everything around the house all myself on top of going to work and school I was a single mother, but no I'm actually not!

Sorry if I offended anyone or anything I just needed to get this out of my system cause I'm so mad...I wanna punch a hole in the wall!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyEmrys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM

totally vent worthy.

sarapunkinpie88
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM
:( go buy the tea anyway. If he can stop at Taco bell you can have the freakiing tea .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM
The tea will cost a lot less than formula. Not very good reasoning on his part :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyHoney22
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM
Yeah, I got it today cause he got paid yesterday but my milk production has been decreasing for over a week. It's gonna take days to actually work and I needed it then. I don't want my sensitive tummy baby to go back and forth between the two. We have several cans of random formula that was given to us. But it just gonna make my good natured baby really fussy and give him a tummy ache.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kearsty
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM
I agree! Get the tea! It will at least put ur mind at ease for a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommajub
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Tell your DH to make his own dinner. And stop doing his laundry, when he runs out of clean clothes he can wash them himself!

I'd help if I could, no one should have to do it all! *HUGS*

RosePetalTears
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:13 AM

if you really need to boost production have a beer. The yeast will boost it over night. And the fuller the body of the beer the better.

Dont worry about alcohol getting into your milk. Less than 2% will get in there. If you are worried about it still, drinking it while feeding the baby will give it a chance to disperse before you feed again. (It takes around 40 mins for the alcohol to get into the milk, odds are baby will be done before that happens)

sunnyflower417
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Added water to breastmilk is better than formula. My LLL leader told me that at our last meeting. And it's normal for pumping outputs to decrease. How much are you feeding baby while you're at work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Quoting novachick:

The tea will cost a lot less than formula. Not very good reasoning on his part :-/

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Im sorry *hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)