Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby nursery's

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM
  • 26 Replies

I am now 16wks and a couple days pregnant =). We find out on the 31st what we're having...most everyone is convinced the baby is a girl, and neither my DH or I care what the first one is as long as he/she is healthy. We know we want one of each, but I don't have a preference on what order they come in. However, part of me is leaning towards a girl...mainly because I have a girls name picked, but no boys name yet...and because everyone is convinced I'm having a girl.

Anyways...long story short...I've been trying to decide on a nursery theme, and a BIG part of me, has been set on jungle, with an emphasis on monkeys (I love monkeys)...but I don't know if it goes so well with a girl.

I've seen jungle, tons on Winnie the Pooh (so I really don't wanna do that), a friend did dragonflies (not going to copy her), another did pirates (which I love too)...but what nursery themes did you use. Any ideas that I'm missing or that weren't your "typical" nursery theme????

I know we have plenty of time, but I'm anxious to get a registry going and have kind of started one on Babies R Us, and I know I can go ahead and register for decor once I have a theme picked regardless of the baby's sex...

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dlandrum
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Well...I sure feel loved, LOL!!!!

Simple-Beauty
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM
We did a nautical/pirate theme.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM
I had 2 boys. The first we found out what we were having and picked an airplane theme. We painted the walls sky blue with clouds, it was cute! The second time we did not find out so kept everything such as bedding neutral with solid colors. Once he was born we used some of the airplane stuff we already had and added trucks and tractors. The walls were painted beige.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM

We did baby Looney Tunes with my daughter and a jungle theme with an emphasis on monkeys with my son.

lauren_rankins
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM

This is mine and my daughter's room at my mom's house. The bedroom at mine and my husband's apartment is a jungle theme with pink-striped zebras, green floral-print elephants, and pink and brown giraffes =)

___

There is no stress that can't be handled with a prayer and chocolate.

Read me! http://noreesesnoredbull.wordpress.com/

xRockaBrittanyx
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Lollipop-Jungle-Piece-Lambs-Ivy/dp/B0050OCPHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313637946&sr=8-1

Lollypop Jungle. They even have a pink/purple stuffed monkey that match, and TONS of coordinating accessories.

xRockaBrittanyx
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)