Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Done or not having babies

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM
  • 19 Replies
How do you know when you're really done?
I thought after ds I was but then I wanted another and love having my Dd in our family.
DH says he can't picture us with another but if I want another he is happy with that decision also.
He has 2 from a prior marriage (teens) and I am really torn on whether or not I want another!

Anyone else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaHardy2008
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM

not done. i cant be. i love little babies too much lol

RedSoxWife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM
We're done we have 2 boys, and that's enough for us. ;0)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalYaris
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I am back and forth. I want another one some days, then others I feel like I'm done. We'll see what happens in my love life and financial department.. and Mental sanity with a toddler. lol I have one, and have said since day one he decides if he has a brother or sister. For he longest time, he has been showing too much jealousy when I'm with another baby.  Then as if by magic, a week ago, he was helping me when I was baby sitting. He's only 17 months old

proudmommy690
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM
df says 3 is enough for us..we're pregnant with #3 :'( sad but its ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fordprefect
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM

I want one more, but DH didn't, so he got snipped. I guess I'm done, then.

PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM

No idea. I don't feel done.

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I want 4 and I refuse to have more, lol

usmc.momma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM
We have a son and I'm baking a girl so I think we are done... But we'll see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBlessings
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:52 AM
The first year after a baby, we always say we are done but then go back on our word, lol!

We just had number 4 in April. I honestly think we will have one more, and if we do, I know when we will start ttc again. But if we don't, we don't. We would both be content with the 4 we have, on one hand. On the other hand, we would see another child as a huge blessing.

There are things I need to do before having another one and we have a few things planned as a family, to do.

I think in your heart, you just KNOW when you are done. I don't have that feeling yet, but could be okay with stopping if that is what my husband wanted.
xmkj2011
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Dont rush it, if you are really ready for another child then i believe that you will know for sure and you wont be torn. Apparently there is something that is keeping you from wanting anotther one and you should figure out what that is before you make your decision final.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)