Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Premmie and Micro Premmie

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM
  • 44 Replies
What is the difference? Like is there certain weeks that would be considered Micro and after that their just Premmie? I know it probably makes me sound really stupid but I am very curious about it. If you have a story about your Micro Premmie or Premmie please share if you like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovinLiv
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Premies are any premature baby micro premies are under 2lbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Also my kid was technically a premie since she was 5 weeks early, but she came home with me and besides having new born clothes swallow her she never had any problems with being premature
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SkylursMomma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM
My son was a preemie he was 6 weeks early...spent 19 days in the NICU..hardest days of my life :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SkylursMomma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:45 PM
I hadnt gotten wny newborn clothes cause my hubby was a big baby...little did I know that preemie would be too big!!!!!

Quoting LovinLiv:

Also my kid was technically a premie since she was 5 weeks early, but she came home with me and besides having new born clothes swallow her she never had any problems with being premature
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_sam
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:45 PM

my son was a preemie but was 7 lbs 1 oz at birth

Gastromama2007
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:15 AM
I had a six pound preemie.

Micro preemies are two pounds & under, i believe...i could be wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM
Mine too. :)

Quoting momma_sam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeagynsMommy09
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:30 AM
A micro preemie is any baby born premature and under 2lbs 7oz. A regular preemie is one born above that weight.

I have had four preemies. Our first son was born at 23wks 6days. He was 1lb 5oz and 12in long. He lived for 2hrs. Our second son, Deagyn, was born at 30wks 6days. He was 3lbs 14oz and 16 3/4" long. He spent 6wks in the NICU and came home on oxygen and 3 monitors. Our third son was born at 26wks and 6days. He weighed 2lbs 9oz and was 15in long. He lived for a day and a half, but died from brain hemorrhaging. Our fourth son, Camdyn was just born 2mos ago at 28wks 6days. He was 3lbs 14oz and 16 3/4" long. He spent 7wks in the NICU-we just brought him home on August 2nd.
twinners.mama
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:30 AM
My daughters weren't preemies but they were preemie size...kilee was 4lbs14oz khloe was 6lbs9oz 38weeks but small because they were twins..and micro is under 2 like the other ladies said
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Wow that's bigger than both of my full-term babies.

Quoting momma_sam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)