Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wedding off

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:07 AM
  • 13 Replies
I think. I really want a wedding and no matter what I'm marrying my Df, but with 2 kids I just can't justify spending that kinda money on one day that isn't for my kids. With that kinda money I could take them to Disney land or something. I just feel selfish for even wanting this for myself. And considering my mom has already bought things for the wedding I think he's gonna be mad. I really want.a nice ceremony and a nice reception and honestly here I've gone over all the number all the options the lowest I can cut the cost is 6500. So frustrated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liveforever
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I feel the same way. My parent gave us $5000 towards the wedding. I just cant justify blowing all that money on a party for one evening. My df and I have been talking about doing something very small with parents and siblings, and using the rest towards a house.

BuzzBuzz123
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Wow thats alot! My husband and I got married for around $2000. It can be nice without spending alot of money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayvensmommy07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:14 AM
It's hard here, everything is high priced we have a big family and everyone would be offended if they wernt invited. I cut all un nessecariea, researched cheapest venues even found a friend to do pics for only 300 the rest of photographers are between 2000 and 5000

Quoting BuzzBuzz123:

Wow thats alot! My husband and I got married for around $2000. It can be nice without spending alot of money.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:15 AM
We spent about $12k, but that was b.c. (Before children haha). My parents gave us $4k, and his mom has a time share so she gave us one of her weeks and we were able to go to ireland for our honeymoon!

It would have been way more, but we saved on decorations, flowers, etc.

Tips:
*do it on a sunday. Venues and vendors often cost less on "off days" (friday/ saturday costs the most)
*get crafty! We made our invitations and decorations from scratch! We also used fake flowers.
*make deals: don't be afraid to ask vendors if all of the costs are necessary. Ask how you can cut the cost down. Even on the cake! Square costs more than round, a side cake is extra but not needed if you have fewer guests
*use the talent of friends! Our photographer is a good friend of ours, and he did our wedding pictures as our gift!! That saved hundreds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:18 AM
No matter what, its your day! People may get offended but believe me, when you walk down the isle and see your man nothing else matters. Not the decorations, or the seating chart...

Forgot two things:
1: for a dress look into "the running of the brides" put on by filenes basement. My dress cost over $1k originally, but I got it for $250!!

2. Do a cash bar! :) open bars are far too pricey

Quoting hayvensmommy07:

It's hard here, everything is high priced we have a big family and everyone would be offended if they wernt invited. I cut all un nessecariea, researched cheapest venues even found a friend to do pics for only 300 the rest of photographers are between 2000 and 5000

Quoting BuzzBuzz123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BuzzBuzz123
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Couldnt a fam member do it for free? Like one person video tape and another take pictures? And you can find dresses really cheap online then have them altered.

Quoting hayvensmommy07:

Quoting BuzzBuzz123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:24 AM

i know where you are comign from - but you deserve to have your day - we are getting married in Disney and we are making it a family vacation afterwards, so the kids get something out of it as well

xsbnix
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Me and DH got married and it only cost us $2500 and we had 300+ people. it can be done... hope you guys have the best wedding ever!!

hayvensmommy07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:27 AM
The only one ob ky family that really takes pics would be in the wedding. I'm not paying for a videogropher, I plan on going to Davids bridal the have a $99 sale ALOT plus I found a really pretty dress for Like 250

Quoting BuzzBuzz123:

Couldnt a fam member do it for free? Like one person video tape and another take pictures? And you can find dresses really cheap online then have them altered.

Quoting hayvensmommy07:

Quoting BuzzBuzz123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ttc_number2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:27 AM
Coming from someone who never had a wedding. Please do this for yourself .when will you ever get to again? I did a courthouse thing and it is my biggest regret. You dont want to be walking through medical detectors on your wedding day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)