Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

packing, trying not to forget anything ...doesn't feel like vacation to me

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:50 AM
  • 9 Replies

We are leaving for vacation in 9 days. We are renting a house in the mountains.

My problem is that I still don't get a "vacation" sure we will be away from the house but I still get to cook and I still have to pack and make sure we have everything.

My DH doesn't know why I am stressed. He doesn't get all he has to do is throw the stuff in our van and sit back and relax. While I get to do the normal stuff on vacation.

Does anyone feel like that? I love our family vacations but it feels like so much more of a hassle than it is worth

Wife to a Philadelphia Police Officer, teen mom to Luciano, twin mom to Michaela & Briella

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
elizabg
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM

We just got back from a week in myrtle beach.  I have three little ones that are 6, 4, and 3.  I know what you mean.  The only thing that helped me was that the kids' grandma went along.   I was able to relax when she was watching the kids.  

WrapNLoseInches
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:39 PM
ive never taken my ds on a vacation, so i dont know what your going thru. the most we get is fri night thru sunday afternoon camping or at grandmas... :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Make a list and give him half. He can help with this.

brettsbaby86
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I feel stressed packing for just a weekend in Oregon...my hubby packs his own shit though! lol...:p I'm always afraid I won't pack enough stuff for my kiddo.

NearSeattleMom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I totally agree!  I have yet to go on a vacation where all I do is relax!

mommajennybean
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:50 PM

the last time my husband packed his own stuff...we were in st. thomas with no underwear or swimsuits. needless to say he packs his stuff and i have to check it because he is very forgettful.

TexasWife
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:16 AM

all the time. 

layawatling
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Make him help you! Your still a team! He helped you make them, he can help you take care of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:22 AM
I dont care what I have to do. If I get out of my house im happy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)