Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do?? sad rant please no bashing I feel bad enough ***Updated in Blue 9/5/11***

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM
  • 35 Replies

I have just moved in with my boyfriend of a little over 7 years almost a month ago. Well just this past weekend he expressed to me that he may not be in love with me and my whole world feels upside down. I am pregnant with his 3rd baby and SOOO DEEPLY in love with him but it seems our relationship is gone now. I have no where to go and he tells me he still wants me to stay here and he will help me with whatever he can, he wants the best for me he just feels like he doesnt feel the same way about me anymore. I am hurt because he was my best friend. I know there is no other woman because he goes straight to work and comes straight home. He seems to have cut everybody out of his life including his mother and brother. His focus is 100% on working and our kids. I feel so lost because everything was fine about 2 weeks ago. I cant help but feel like I am the problem, even though he says it is him and he doesnt know what is wrong. I can see some of the things he does he tries to hold on to his youth even though he is only about to be 26. I thought about going to a homeless shelter because I am a SAHM and dont have any income, but the closest one is a good 45 minutes out of town. Idk what to do. 

***Update***

So after about 3 weeks, he went to hang out with my brother while I hung out with my mother. When I got home I seen that he had called on the caller ID but didnt call him back because I assumed he called just to see if I was home or not. Well about10 minutes after walking through the door he called and asked me if he could come home. I was confused as to why he would ask that if it is his home too lol. So he came home and hugged me and told me how he has been thinking about everything that has been happening the past couple weeks and he really misses "us" and he hates being depressed for no reason. He admitted that he broke up with me so his depression wouldnt drag me down as well. He said he had found a glimmer of the man he use to be and us just being friend the past few weeks made him realize he loves me more than he thought he did. He doesnt want to lose me and wants to start dating and taking things slow =) I am super happy because all he has been doing for the past couple days is staring at me and telling me how beautiful I am and how he would be a fool to push me away any farther than he already has. We are working on rebuilding and I couldnt be happier because he seems like the same man I fell in love with all those years ago. Wish us luck ladies! 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cause_im_mom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:57 AM
Im sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkers143
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM

im so sorry your going through this sweetie, would he be willing to go to couples therapy?

MommySwag88
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM

he said this feeling comes and goes, and he doesnt want to keep hurting me if he keeps feeling this way 

TashaB82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:01 AM
((HUGS)) maybe hes dealing with something that he cant really talk to u about yet.. I wouldnt go to a shelter if i were u.. As long as the living situation is okay tough it out til u have the baby...then see how things are and reevaluate the situation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM

((Hugs)) Sometimes you get caught up in being mommy and daddy but forget to be gf/bf , husband and wife ect. I have a friend who is in a similar situation. she's staying for now until she has the baby and will get a job after the baby is born to help support herself.. then she will try to get out on her own. 

Sorry you're going through this :( I wish you the best of luck. 

NovaChick26
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM

dont you have any friends or family who would be willing to help you out ? Have you ever been to a homeless shelter? Dont do it until its an absublute last result. Is there a womens shelter near by ? they are often a huge source of knowledge about resources they could help you to get on your feet or point you in the right direction.

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Sounds like depression? And/ Or Stress men handle things differently then us maybe try to have a heart to heart but don't pry (not saying u have been) and maybe try to remember why yall got together in the first place. Fall back in love! It can happen! GL momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyirish
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:04 AM
I think the fact that you've been together for 7 yrs, and have three kids together but are just NOW living together is a red flag to start with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NovaChick26

if its a feeling that comes and goes maybe it has something to do with him feeling unhappy in life and not so much you .

Quoting MommySwag88:

he said this feeling comes and goes, and he doesnt want to keep hurting me if he keeps feeling this way 

CheyennesMommy2
Maybe see if he will try couples counceling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)