Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will this ever end?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son, who is 2, has been having trouble sleeping for a week now. As of last night, he says he doesn't want to go in his room anymore and that there are monsters in there. We monitor what he and his sister watch on tv and never has the tv or anyone told him that there are even such things as monsters. I gave him a nightlight a few nights ago, thinking it would help, but it didn't. His bedtime is 7 everynight and he has been going to sleep the last week, but been crying himself to sleep, then waking up early in the morning and coming to bed with us for a few hours. Last night, he wouldn't go to sleep at all, put him down at 7 and the by 11:45, we were still trying to get him to go to sleep. They only way I could get him to sleep, was to sleep on the couch with him. I love him dearly, but my husband and I can't keep doing this, we don't know what to do. I am begging for help! Thanks in advance!

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
StephanieBowers
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Ok this is going to sound silly but i just went thru this with my son and what he thought was a monster was his shadow. So get him in his room and show him his shadow and ask is that the monster and if he says ya then tell him no thats your shadow. He was also having sleep issues for a while as well and the screaming and crying lasted for about a week and  a half.

-42-
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Monster spray.

I mixed my body spray with some water. Before bed, we would spray the 'problem areas'. Plus, it smelled like me which helped him, I think.

LancesMom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Its totally normal at this age. You just have to keep reassuring and putting him back in his bed.

NearSeattleMom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:23 PM

When my kids were that had and had trouble falling asleep, I'd stay with them in their bed or room until they fell asleep.  Took some time and sometimes I'd fall asleep, too, but it worked for me!

MommyHoney22
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:29 PM
Check all the areas and bring forementioned monster spray. Spray areas, put a lock on window...maybe get a special monster fighting stuffed animal. We did the stuffed animal thing with my 4 yo when he was 2.5-3 it seemed to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)